Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Does Adidas make a shitty football? (1 Viewer)

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
All the footballs are made by Big Game USA. Love the theory, but don’t think it has any legs.

Was just about to look this up. I believe Tony Ortiz wife works or worked there.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
We could buy one of each and see if they are the same thing, just with different branding. Although we can't rule out that the balls made specifically for NU don't have some kind of corruption involved. Maybe one of Waterboy's colleagues that is still on the inside can steal a game ball for us?

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
We could buy one of each and see if they are the same thing, just with different branding. Although we can't rule out that the balls made specifically for NU don't have some kind of corruption involved. Maybe one of Waterboy's colleagues that is still on the inside can steal a game ball for us?
Good idea.

Anyone live near a K-Mart?

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I’m choosing to believe this is fake news because if the amount of pain I’ve felt in the last decade has any connection to the brand of football we use - that’s my villain story

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
This is a random thought that I will undoubtedly get roasted over, but roll with me here. The worst three teams in turnovers this year were Hawaii, Arizona State, and Nebraska.

What do all three of these teams have in common? Adidas.

The turnover stats would agree
No. Adidas doesn't even make the footballs. Pretty much all D1 footballs are made by the same company and simply stamped with different logos. You'll find that this is how a lot of things in the world work. If you have two companies selling the same product, there's a good chance they are actually being made at the same factory.

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
When I was a manager under Bo they switched us from Wilson GST (the best) to Adidas which had just started making them at that point & yes they were shit . That was 2010-2012 timeframe
I seem to remember some announcer anecdotes during games about how NU/Martinez always scuffed up the footballs a ton because they were so slick

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
I seem to remember some announcer anecdotes during games about how NU/Martinez always scuffed up the footballs a ton because they were so slick
Yeah we had to beat the crap out of them as managers & the break in period with or without help from our process would take forever . We literally got scrub brushes out & scrubbed them to try to break them in faster .

Even after that & getting them broke in I always wondered why we went away from Wilson GST . I will say it does look like the newer adidas balls are better than the first ones that came out

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
New theory. Have our ball boys been properly vetted? Could Cockeye be paying our ball boys to apply some sort of grease to the ball on game day? It would have to be something subtle so the players wouldn’t be likely to notice.

Our turnover problems are so preposterous that the explanation has to be equally ridiculous.
Marvel Balance GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds