Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Share Your Gameday Plans ITT (1 Viewer)

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
I finally got fully staffed and now have weekends off. I'm smoking a pork butt and a chuck roast, drinking some bulleit rye, and giving the wife the best 4 minutes she's had in a few weeks after the game, hopefully a W. I'll also have my dab pen and some blue dream #2 on deck also.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've got two briskets I'm throwing in the smoker. Then I'm going to drink a bunch of random IPAs and get hammered. My wife will probably get pissed at me, and I'll try to take her to poundtown later that evening when the kids go to bed.
Replace briskets with ribs. The rest sounds familiar.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I’ve been there/driven through 6 times and I still can’t hear or read “Pagosa Springs” without CW McCall’s voice in my head saying “downtown pagoda springs…. Wolf creek pass, way up on the great divide, trucking on dowwwwwnnn the other siiiiiiiiiide”
@SantaBarbaraSker ‘s family owns a “Kennedy Compound” there. I was the caretaker for them for one entire summer, strange as that may seem.

Never took my eye off of the liquor cabinet. 😎

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Get up, breakfast, son’s soccer game at 11am, race home, order wings to be delivered at 1pm, watch game with friends who are Florida/Florida St/Michigan fans (its complicated with our neighbors), watch game, drink a lot, then either rejoice in the victory and drink some more or cry in defeat and drink some more.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
What are you grilling? What's in the beer fridge? Where are you watching the game?

Gonna be grilling some wings, can't be beat on a hot day. I just finished my basement so planning on enjoying the fruits of my labor. I have the beginnings of a decent bar set up and installed a recessed beer fridge. Will need to pick up some more beer. Having a buddy over to watch to boys roll!

What are your plans?
Essentially first half....

Second half...

Happy Steve Austin GIF by USA Network

Post game...

hosed down steve austin GIF by WWE

Also prepped some smoked queso, homemade salsa and a few other things...

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
How long do you smoke it for and at what temp?
225-250, about 1.5 hours is what I do. Just watch your edges, when it's browning up, pull it.

I use chorizo, pico de gallo, sour cream, velvetta queso or cheddar, jalapenos, garlic, jack cheddar cheese. Will also substitute pulled pork for my meat on occasion. Sour cream add the last 20-30 minutes

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds