Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Ten football coaches share unfiltered opinions on every team (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
First, it's ridiculous to worry about this now but I enjoy talking admin/coaching destinations so idc. Let er rip

Assuming Rhule is in a position to take a job in greener pastures in three years, this is what your Nebraska looks like:
- Turd still here, administrative alignment is still in place. Rare to find.
- Better roster than when Rhule arrived
- Organizational momentum - easier situation to walk into than it was in November
- NIL is three years down the road - meaning success has only helped
- Well into the TV contract so coffers are full.
- Big Ten separates further from the B12, ACC, PAC, G5 financially, so it's an easier pull from those conferences for a sitting HC.

It would be an attractive opportunity for a guy like Chris Kleiman, or the guys I see with high stock in three years in those conferences like Kalen DeBoer, Jonathan Smith, Kenny Dillingham, or Mike Elko.

Of course Rhule has a better track record than all those guys and i've pledged my lifelong loyalty to him contingent on a playoff berth
You have to ask if Turd will be here long term. The rumor was that he was planning to retire to the Carolinas shortly before the N job opened.

Hope he decides to stick around long-term.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Its kind of a moot point as Rhule would need to be very successful at Nebraska and the right jobs would need to open up before you can even consider him leaving.

But, I think you guys are looking in the wrong direction.

I believe Rhule is enamored with Texas. I don't think he would leave for Penn State. I also believe Nebraska could match any compensation offered by Penn State. However, I do think Rhule would leave for the chance to coach at Texas or Texas A&M. And I don't believe Nebraska could provide the blank check offered by those two programs.

I would go as far to say that he would kill it at either school. Rhule is absolutely a better fit at UT or A&M then Sarkisian or Jimbo Fisher right now. His organzational skills matched with his connections in Texas would lead to a situation where he basically casts a net around the state with the most talent in the country.
Why don't you go fuck yourself for this?

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Why don't you go fuck yourself for this?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds