Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Share Your Gameday Plans ITT (2 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Hoping to be celebrating a win from Friday night. Throw meat in the smoker when we return. Wake up early. Finish smoked brisket or pork butt. Get next weeks opposing film. Break down. Drink while I do it. Finish by game time. Hoping for a fun drunk instead of an angry drunk. Will probably pound some tasty IPAs or I might travel south where I found a nice sour IPA I like and get a growler of it.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll be hosting a gameday event. I have one every year and always for an away game. Had to be this week because the next away game is in October I believe and don't want to risk the weather. I provide all the beer and yard games. Will have three tvs to watch the game. One in the garage, one in the living room and one on the new deck in back. I have done this every year and we have not won one yet when hosting this event. I believe I'm at 0-12 now. I think I it started around the VA Tech/USC games back in the later part of the 2000's.
@scotchfrost9697

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll be hosting a gameday event. I have one every year and always for an away game. Had to be this week because the next away game is in October I believe and don't want to risk the weather. I provide all the beer and yard games. Will have three tvs to watch the game. One in the garage, one in the living room and one on the new deck in back. I have done this every year and we have not won one yet when hosting this event. I believe I'm at 0-12 now. I think I it started around the VA Tech/USC games back in the later part of the 2000's.
You should probably stop having this event. Or you're due for a win. One or the other.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Wife's family is coming over to celebrate late August/early September birthdays after the win.

Not sure what I'm doing for food yet. Will probably involve the smoker though. Maybe that queso that @slattimer posted a while back. Like doing that with several beers on game days.
My kids have really took a liking to it. As soon as it’s out. There’s 3 little girls flying around with chips and smoked queso. And a little almost 2 year old screaming DIP DIP.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
It's my wife's birthday. I wanted to watch the game, she wanted a pool party, so we compromised and it's a day long pool party with the game on.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Wife planned everything for us. Just sent me itinerary.

My parents arrive around noon on Wednesday to take care of children and dog while we are gone. Wife and I head to DC airport flying to JFK. Land in Dublin Thursday at 930AM blarney time.

Staying at the House Dublin. Will be visiting Temple Bar and Palace Bar during the day/evening and wrapping it up at Vintage Cocktail Club at night.

Get up Friday and go to Searson for breakfast. Visit the Boom of Kells trinity college during the day. Then over to Shelbourne for High Tea. Walk down to Peruke and Periwig for more drinking.

Start off Saturday with a tour at Guinness, lunch at Bunsen burger, and make our way to the stadium. Probably going out after the game but playing that by ear.

Sunday Brunch at Herb Street and then Jameson in the afternoon. Visiting Brazen head which is the 5th oldest bar in world after. Dinner at Cafe en Seine.

Monday we’re heading to Belfast for a flight to Amsterdam.

Have a day in Amsterdam without plans. Coming home Tuesday back to DC.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds