Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Severe done after today at 1620 (1 Viewer)

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
I used to download a few segments of that show, like when they had a CFB analyst or writer on, but had to give it up. The annoying drops they think are funny, DB selectively speaking above a whisper, and the time they gave to that nerd producer became too much for me. That show leaned into the sports talk radio playbook hooks more than any other I've listened to.

I'd predict that when Severe leaves you don't get the full story but DB will drop subtle, cryptic hints as to why. He'll do that so the masses can speculate on it but then scold them for the same on RSS.
The fact Damon has been on radio this long and hasn’t learned how to keep a consistent volume to his voice for the radio shows he either doesn’t care, isn’t very smart, or has a shit producer. Or maybe all 3 are true

Last edited:

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Dream would be Sharpe and Benning at 8-12 then Schick and Nick running a light hearted short lunch hour show 12-2 then Kugler/Severe 2-6.

Sadly none of these are possible :(
Out of the loop obviously, but does Kugler do anything local anymore?

He is easily my favorite BTN play by play announcer. That was a great move for him.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Out of the loop obviously, but does Kugler do anything local anymore?

He is easily my favorite BTN play by play announcer. That was a great move for him.

Not really anything local anymore but still lives here.

I mean shit he was doing the NFL game Tuesday night on Fox.

He is 1 of the best in the business and I gotta think if he gets chances to call more NFL games on TV he is gonna take it.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
Things I won’t miss:
Food show segment
This day in sports history
How old is this person
Opening segments that last a half hour and don’t talk about sports

When Severe got added to the show it became a cliche of what sports talk is. The exact opposite of how it felt when Sharpe was on with Benning.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I used to listen to 1620 back when Nebraska made bowl games. So it’s been about 5 years. I don’t care enough about Nebraska sports to listen anymore. Sad.

I only listen to certain segments via podcasts.

99.99% of the time it’s cuz I wanna hear what Sipple/McKewon/Vrzal/Munz/etc has to say

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Things I won’t miss:
Food show segment
This day in sports history
How old is this person
Opening segments that last a half hour and don’t talk about sports

When Severe got added to the show it became a cliche of what sports talk is. The exact opposite of how it felt when Sharpe was on with Benning.

This. I don’t mind Severe when he talks sports, but what they turned the show into….I hardly would ever turn in. Especially the first 30 minutes. Waste of time on my drive to work. I don’t know what I’m going to do after Christmas music is over on the star

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
so is he going somewhere else or doing something else or what?

Or did 1620 just not renew? If so I’d love to know when he found out.

doublewing

Running Back
Not sure what Severe will do, but does anyone remember back when he left 1620 for "The Bottom Line"?

On his last day they did tearful and emotional goodbyes on 1620. He was cryptic about what his next job would be, then all of a sudden he's on TBL and directly competing against his old employer. Kind of shady like he just lifted the glengarry leads.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Wow didn’t see this coming.

Agreed on the dynamic tho, I always thought Severe was a good #2 as is Damon. They need the point guard professional radio man to be the first chair. (Kugler, Sharpe)
Agree on the point guard, never have been a fan of Gary's though. Whoever replaces Mike'l should be better than the #2 guards tag teaming each other.

Also, today's show was AWKWARD...DB was cutting in on people telling Mike'l goodbye with the what-about-me's. Dude was acting like a narcissist. Hope for the best for Mike'l but not sad to see him leave tbh.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
They should have just gave him the middle slot as a solo and kept Sharp and Benning in the morning.

Would love if they moved Benning to the afternoon with Sharp and bring back Shick and Nick and cancel those turds in the evening, or bring back Severe and Kugler but that’s all wishful thinking and never will happen.
Schick and Nick were amazing!!! such good chemistry. Their podcast is outstanding!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds