Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Won't be a big deal for anyone except for me but I'm an avid powerlifter. Have a meet in a few weeks. My daughter hangs out with me in the garage while I work out, she's entertained by it. Anyway, she's started to want me to put chalk on her hands and clap them together like I do, and can now hold a few of my smaller weights as well, and has tried to imitate me doing ab exercises.

Proud

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Won't be a big deal for anyone except for me but I'm an avid powerlifter. Have a meet in a few weeks. My daughter hangs out with me in the garage while I work out, she's entertained by it. Anyway, she's started to want me to put chalk on her hands and clap them together like I do, and can now hold a few of my smaller weights as well, and has tried to imitate me doing ab exercises.

Proud
I'm gonna call BS cause power lifters don't do abs.

Just kidding good work getting the kids involved in fitness.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
My son is currently running in his 1st Boston Marathon. Currently at mile market 15 at a 6:48/mile pace.
Cot Dayum....6:48 is blistering in my book!!
That gets a big

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member

Proud
holy shit!!! how old is she now?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
#4,773 out of 27,022. The hills in that 20 mile marker range kicked his ass. he was down to 6:44/mile heading into them. Finished in 3:02:59 with an average of 07:24/mile. Super proud of him for pushing through and finishing this milestone race.
Qualifying for Boston is legit, finishing top 20% is chad bro stuff.

Super common to go out a little fast & pay for it in the stretch, but that's still better than anything I ever did. Nice run.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
She'll be 2 next week! I have a generator in one of the corners and her thing for a while has been using the handle, to move the generator around, like a shoulder press type movement, and makes faces and grunts a little bit lol
My daughter has recently gotten into "helping" me with deadlifts. Idk how much weight is added when a 26 lb toddler pushes down on one side of the bar, but I think my max has gone up that much on my right side.

Busdriver3

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
In November of 2008, we were at the dinner table discussing the upcoming election. My son and daughter were asking what time we would know who won. I gave them a little history lesson about the 2000 election (Bush/Gore), and that it took quite a while to find out the winner. After a few minutes my son (7 at the time), piped up and said "Frank Gore ran for president?" :)

His knowledge of US history may not have been great, but he did know his NFL running backs! Proud Dad moment!

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm gonna call BS cause power lifters don't do abs.

Just kidding good work getting the kids involved in fitness.
lol new addition along with cardio near the beginning of the year. Had a physical a few weeks back and doc didn't love my blood pressure numbers so I had to make a few changes. I'm infamous on this board for being the 6' 245 lb guy wearing size 40 jeans. Some of that has changed.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My daughter has recently gotten into "helping" me with deadlifts. Idk how much weight is added when a 26 lb toddler pushes down on one side of the bar, but I think my max has gone up that much on my right side.
No doubt about it. I have a w shaped bar that I use for different cable movements. It sits on the ground. That's her deadlift bar. It's a tad bit too heavy for her so she gets pissed about that, but can lift up either side of it and gets pretty excited when that happens.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Proud
Nephew won Nationals in 270 class.

Squat 573
Bench 353
Dead lift 590

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Going to Concordia to lift there.
Midland has a powerlifting team. I went there for a year back in 2011, think they started it a couple years after I transferred. I got really into the weights that year and spent basically everyday at the Y in Fremont in the gym. Knowing what I know now, wish that was around when I was there, probably would have traded in the cleats for the barbell full time. But, I was 160 lbs soak and wet at the time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds