Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (3 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Midland has a powerlifting team. I went there for a year back in 2011, think they started it a couple years after I transferred. I got really into the weights that year and spent basically everyday at the Y in Fremont in the gym. Knowing what I know now, wish that was around when I was there, probably would have traded in the cleats for the barbell full time. But, I was 160 lbs soak and wet at the time.
He wanted to go to Midland but Concordia was quite bit better on scholarships.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Qualifying for Boston is legit, finishing top 20% is chad bro stuff.

Super common to go out a little fast & pay for it in the stretch, but that's still better than anything I ever did. Nice run.
I finally got a chance to catch up with him post-race (I was busy with Pickleball). He said "Heartbreak Hill" about ended him. He went to make a move to go around someone that was laboring and he felt something in his leg go "ping". That's never a good thing when you're five miles or so from the finish line. He gutted it out, finished the race, and said he literally collapsed past the finish line. His quote: "I had no business finishing that race". His time was good enough to qualify for the Chicago Marathon, tho, if he wants to collect a pelt from another "Major".

I might be even prouder of him for gutting it out and finishing the event knowing he was running lame for the last 20% of the race. The kid is a tough SOB.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Son got a 34 on first ACT attempt and is a finalist for National Merit Scholar. Maybe semifinalist. Not exactly sure how that works.
homer-simson-the-simpsons.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds