Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (8 Viewers)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I've seen Police football stickers on cars, and I always thought it was like a LFR vs LPD thing, but it's youth football? Why is it called Police?

The Lincoln Police Department, and now along with Sandhills Global, are the team sponsors. In Lincoln Youth Football, there are 8 districts and each have a sponsor that helps pay for the teams and equipment. A few cops at LPD are also assistant coaches. The Lincoln Police are one of the original sponsors of youth football in Lincoln. The Police district is north of Superior and west of 23rdish street, essentially Air Park, Highlands, Fallbrook, most Bicentennials, Hilltop Hieghts, North HIlls, and the neighborhoods along north 14th by Kooser.

Others teams/sponsors are:
Allo
Neemann and Sons
Elks
UBT
Manzitto
Greens
Stonebrook

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My middle son turned 10 today.

Good kid. Soft heart.

Incredibly he loves two things. Basketball and babies (my wife has an in home daycare). He loves to hold babies before he goes to school and then practices basketball 4 days a week (twice with his team and then twice with his 6th grade brothers team). Part of me loves that he loves basketball because I did too at his age. The football coach in me looks at him and thinks.."buddy you're gonna be about 6'4, 220 choose QB, TE or OLB and let's go"

Sadly I have failed him as he is a KU basketball fan, and only cheers for Nebraska football when I'm around lol.

Last pic I have of him on my phone..thank God that he no longer has that perm

E7A9CE08-218A-4C83-A697-9491BA616CE2.jpeg

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I assume you're in Lincoln, what area of town are you in? I coach Police and our boundary is north of Superior.

My best players at rookie level (3rd, 4th) and D level (5th, a few 6th) were wrestlers. Wrestling gave those kids a huge just start to the contact aspect of football.

My kiddo goes to Waverly and he’ll play there. The only reason we do the Lincoln club for wrestling is they keep coach to kid numbers really low and have wrestlers from N come in and help coach all the time.

Haha that’s why I’m excited to see how he likes football. He’s got just a tenacious attitude for contact and he’s such a strong little shit - excited to see how it translates

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
The Lincoln Police Department, and now along with Sandhills Global, are the team sponsors. In Lincoln Youth Football, there are 8 districts and each have a sponsor that helps pay for the teams and equipment. A few cops at LPD are also assistant coaches. The Lincoln Police are one of the original sponsors of youth football in Lincoln. The Police district is north of Superior and west of 23rdish street, essentially Air Park, Highlands, Fallbrook, most Bicentennials, Hilltop Hieghts, North HIlls, and the neighborhoods along north 14th by Kooser.

Allo
Neemann and Sons
Elks
UBT
Manzitto
Greens
Stonebrook

No more runza team!?

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member

Allo
Neemann and Sons
Elks
UBT
Manzitto
Greens
Stonebrook

Gotcha, thanks. It always weirded me out that a bunch of LPD guys would pad up and play, this makes a lot more sense.

Can you please call your team the Sandhills Police.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Bumping to brag about my ginger munchkin for a second.

I’m starting the travel baseball (Waverly Riptide) dad life this year (god help me) but my 8 year old is having a blast. So far he’s pitched 3 innings (1 against the 9U team in a scrimmage), he’s only walked 1 kid and struck out 7. 44 pitches with 29 strikes, no hits.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Either you hate having yore pic taken or no one has spiked to the punch bowl yet........:cool:

Yep, I hate attention and was very nervous when it went down. My kids are great and deserve it though. Should of never put our picture out there as I had Garrett change my name to the stupid Eaton to avoid it. But I was proud so!!!

Last edited:

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Yep, I hate attention and was very nervous when it went down. My kids are great and deserve it though. Should of never put our picture out there as I had Garrett change my name to the stupid Eaton to avoid it. But I was proud so!!!
Either way, “Congrats”, dad. Soak it all in.

We just had an adult beverage with our oldest grandson, a week ago Friday (4-15-22) the day after he turned 21.

When, in the ever living fuck, did that happen? Enjoy it, guys. It goes fast.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Bumping to brag about my ginger munchkin for a second.

I’m starting the travel baseball (Waverly Riptide) dad life this year (god help me) but my 8 year old is having a blast. So far he’s pitched 3 innings (1 against the 9U team in a scrimmage), he’s only walked 1 kid and struck out 7. 44 pitches with 29 strikes, no hits.

Is one of his coaches named Craig by chance? If so, he's a great guy and good coach. I work with him haha

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
With baseball rolling I figured I’d bump this and drop a couple dad brag clips of my 9 year old ginger bomber.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.MOV
    19.4 MB
  • IMG_3423.MOV
    18.1 MB

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds