Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (7 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm a pretty proud dad. I could talk about my 3 boys all day.

I'm lucky to have such a good 6th, 4th and 1st grade boy. I try to make sure I tell them that a lot.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sooooooooo my wife dropped on me tonight that she’d like to be pregnant again this year, in 2022, soooooo grats on the future sex for me? Definitely got the same feeling then as I did when she told me the same with our first child, of “woah, okay, okay”. Wild Sunday

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sooooooooo my wife dropped on me tonight that she’d like to be pregnant again this year, in 2022, soooooo grats on the future sex for me? Definitely got the same feeling then as I did when she told me the same with our first child, of “woah, okay, okay”. Wild Sunday
Congrats on the future sex

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
You
What meaningless stuff has made you proud?

Sorry for long ass post.

Last night on our way to the gym, my gym playlist automatically starts playing in the truck. Volbeat comes on and I semi-scramble to change it because we have our 21-month, 4 year old, and 11 year old in the truck. Wife semi-freaks out, but she freaks out because she wanted to listen to it, saying she loves Volbeat. I've known her for 8 year and first I ever hear of this. Smile #1.

Then my 11-year old asks for Nirvana, smile #2, my 4-year old requests Hardwired from Metallica grin #3. So as Hardwired start, our 21-month old starts clapping and singing an my headbanging starts.

First time in my family life I got to control the music with the approval of all family members. Had a great workout.

Kicker, on the way home, the 4-year old asks for the "song by the black guy". I freak scrambling to think what rap song he wants, wife gives me a look like what kind of racist shit did he just request, but he's referred to a Volbeat Album cover that displays on the screen. He wanted a Warrior's Call and wife then said she wants to see them in concert. So bought tickets for PBA in 3 weeks. Fuck yeah.

4-year old top 4 songs are:
1. Hardwired
2. Enter Sandman
3. Axel F by Crazy Frog -- I admit I like it too.
4. Warrior's Call

View attachment 6503
You’re doing the dad game right OP. Keep rocking that shit man!

Tip of the hat!
season 4 starz GIF by Outlander

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughter didn't get heavily into sports. Wasn't her passion. She did play Rugby for 2 years in high school but wasn't the biggest fan of trying to tackle 200 lb future Bull Dykes. We played a team from Chicago that had 2 girls who weighed close to 300 lbs and had decent speed. They'd run the ball once and need to come out for a play or 2 to catch their breath. Those girls dominated. I wanted to get out there to see if I could take one of them down. Would have been a big collision. We had 3 players who had serious injuries trying to tackle those 2 beasts (broken collarbone & 2 concussions).

Big Proud Papa moment was when she was awarded The National Merit Scholarship. Smart kid. Got a 5 year full ride all expenses paid scholarship to numerous schools including the college she chose Alabama. She is in the Medical Program. Last semester she got all A+. Didn't know you could do that. She is still pissed that she got a B+ in a class her SO year. Organic Chem or some class like that. Unlike her dad she takes her studies seriously.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughter didn't get heavily into sports. Wasn't her passion. She did play Rugby for 2 years in high school but wasn't the biggest fan of trying to tackle 200 lb future Bull Dykes. We played a team from Chicago that had 2 girls who weighed close to 300 lbs and had decent speed. They'd run the ball once and need to come out for a play or 2 to catch their breath. Those girls dominated. I wanted to get out there to see if I could take one of them down. Would have been a big collision. We had 3 players who had serious injuries trying to tackle those 2 beasts (broken collarbone & 2 concussions).

Big Proud Papa moment was when she was awarded The National Merit Scholarship. Smart kid. Got a 5 year full ride all expenses paid scholarship to numerous schools including the college she chose Alabama. She is in the Medical Program. Last semester she got all A+. Didn't know you could do that. She is still pissed that she got a B+ in a class her SO year. Organic Chem or some class like that. Unlike her dad she takes her studies seriously.
I mostly dropped a shock emoji because I didn't think you had a kid

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mostly dropped a shock emoji because I didn't think you had a kid
Yeah, I snuck one by the Goalie. Knocked up a crazy woman, truly crazy. Been a wild ride for a while. We were never married just dated of and on a bit. Planted the seed on a Sport Fuck when we hadn't seen each other in months. That was why I got out of the music industry and moved around so much. My Baby Momma couldn't keep a job and kept moving.

Actually my proudest moment of my daughter might be one time when she stood up to her mom. Crazy Baby Momma was having a serious meltdown and blamed my daughter for it because my daughter wouldn't throw her mom's boyfriend out of the house. My daughter was like 7 and her mom got into an argument with her boyfriend, who later had a baby with her. Poor guy, he went through the same hell as me but has 4 more years left. Well my daughter's mom is yelling at her when I get to their house and cocks her hand like she is going to slap my daughter. I run up there and my daughter just sticks her face out like "Do It, hit me". Momma didn't hit her, which is a good thing because I might have floored her and gone to jail.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you remember much about this process?
I don't but i do know it went on forever....... I was not was involved with that as I would have liked. For all of her crazy ass flaws and borderline personality disorders my Baby Momma was quite intelligent. She was good with paperwork plus is a control freak. So she wanted to handle a majority of it. I was good with that. I remember my daughter having to write quite a few Essays, which stressed her the fuck out because her mom was always looking over her shoulder.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't but i do know it went on forever....... I was not was involved with that as I would have liked. For all of her crazy ass flaws and borderline personality disorders my Baby Momma was quite intelligent. She was good with paperwork plus is a control freak. So she wanted to handle a majority of it. I was good with that. I remember my daughter having to write quite a few Essays, which stressed her the fuck out because her mom was always looking over her shoulder.
I'd definitely like to think my "editing" helped both of my kids on their college application processes. I made them write the first draft, then made what I considered to be good edits, then we reviewed it together so they could see what I did and why, then they backed it down to a more student sounding submission.

Them: "Dad, it just sounds like an adult wrote it."

Me: "Yes, you're going to college, and this application will be read by adults, not emo teens. You need to sound like you belong."

Them: "But like nobody I know writes like that."

Me: "I do, and you will when you're done with college."

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
My son turned 8 in September, he played coach pitch baseball last spring summer. Pretty much none of the kids could hit at the time so all of the infield had crept up to about in-line with the pitcher.

My kid comes out to bat - his coach pauses the game and explains to the other coach that one of his kids will get hurt if they don’t get back.

Coach takes him half seriously and tells all his kids to take a step back.

Flynn (my kiddo) rips a liner that went about 5’ over the kids head playing left center and it rolls about 10’ away from the high school fence.

The rest of the game - the other team would be all the way up. And then every time my kid would come up all the kids would yell “It’s that one kid!” And take off on a sprint backwards.

My kids not the smartest kid out there but he’s got absolutely zero chill with sports and is a blast to watch between Wrestling and Baseball. I have a feeling tackle football will have some fun moments too next year.

Here’s a video of the little fart wresting

Attachments

• IMG_2361.MOV
    13.7 MB
Last edited:

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
My son turned 8 in September, he played coach pitch baseball last spring summer. Pretty much none of the kids could hit at the time so all of the infield had crept up to about in-line with the pitcher.

My kid comes out to bat - his coach pauses the game and explains to the other coach that one of his kids will get hurt if they don’t get back.

Flynn (my kiddo) rips a liner that went about 5’ over the kids head playing left center and it rolls about 10’ away from the high school fence.

The rest of the game - the other team would be all the way up. And then every time my kid would come up all the kids would yell “It’s that one kid!” And take off on a sprint backwards.

My kids not the smartest kid out there but he’s got absolutely zero chill with sports and is a blast to watch between Wrestling and Baseball. I have a feeling tackle football will have some fun moments too next year.

That fuckin rules.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Hell yeah, that's awesome. Definitely a Proud Papa moment

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

I assume you're in Lincoln, what area of town are you in? I coach Police and our boundary is north of Superior.

My best players at rookie level (3rd, 4th) and D level (5th, a few 6th) were wrestlers. Wrestling gave those kids a huge just start to the contact aspect of football.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I assume you're in Lincoln, what area of town are you in? I coach Police and our boundary is north of Superior.

My best players at rookie level (3rd, 4th) and D level (5th, a few 6th) were wrestlers. Wrestling gave those kids a huge just start to the contact aspect of football.

Can I ask a dumb question

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds