Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (2 Viewers)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
What meaningless stuff has made you proud?

Sorry for long ass post.

Last night on our way to the gym, my gym playlist automatically starts playing in the truck. Volbeat comes on and I semi-scramble to change it because we have our 21-month, 4 year old, and 11 year old in the truck. Wife semi-freaks out, but she freaks out because she wanted to listen to it, saying she loves Volbeat. I've known her for 8 year and first I ever hear of this. Smile #1.

Then my 11-year old asks for Nirvana, smile #2, my 4-year old requests Hardwired from Metallica grin #3. So as Hardwired start, our 21-month old starts clapping and singing an my headbanging starts.

First time in my family life I got to control the music with the approval of all family members. Had a great workout.

Kicker, on the way home, the 4-year old asks for the "song by the black guy". I freak scrambling to think what rap song he wants, wife gives me a look like what kind of racist shit did he just request, but he's referred to a Volbeat Album cover that displays on the screen. He wanted a Warrior's Call and wife then said she wants to see them in concert. So bought tickets for PBA in 3 weeks. Fuck yeah.

4-year old top 4 songs are:
1. Hardwired
2. Enter Sandman
3. Axel F by Crazy Frog -- I admit I like it too.
4. Warrior's Call

1641573953686.png

Last edited:

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
When my son was in the 4th grade I was summoned to school because he had been involved in a "fight".

Turns out some little vermin pulled my boy’s hair in the lunch line and my son turned around and punted his hairless sack for record hang time.

Told the resource counselor that whatever trouble he is in with the school, will not follow him home. That's how boys sort shit out and that I bet the other kid's hair pulling days are over.

Last edited:

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
the older one, 3.5y/o, is definitely a lefty. it'd be crazy to have 2.
I have two older brothers and all three of us are.

I really think I am not supposed to be, because I am right dominate in everything except throwing a ball and writing.

I think there was just so much hand-me-down, left handed shit from my brothers, that I had to adapt.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
My kids are just 2 years old and 3 months old, so I've still got a lot of proud dad moments ahead of me. But some that come to mind:

First time my son threw me a football. I caught it and his celebration was to give me the biggest hug he had given me to date.

First time hearing my daughter giggle made the room dusty.

Watching my son, who's a fairly well bit 40 lber at just 2 years old, work a 4 year old in a wrestling match gave me quite the smile.

Seeing my son hit a baseball off the tee with good consistency at his young age was awesome too, especially since I hadn't really shown him much but how to hold the bat yet.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG

Sorry for long ass post.

Last night on our way to the gym, my gym playlist automatically starts playing in the truck. Volbeat comes on and I semi-scramble to change it because we have our 21-month, 4 year old, and 11 year old in the truck. Wife semi-freaks out, but she freaks out because she wanted to listen to it, saying she loves Volbeat. I've known her for 8 year and first I ever hear of this. Smile #1.

Then my 11-year old asks for Nirvana, smile #2, my 4-year old requests Hardwired from Metallica grind #3. So as Hardwired start, our 21-month old starts clapping and singing ask my headbanging starts.

First time in my family life I got to control the music with the approval of all family members. Had a great workout.

Kicker, on the way home, the 4-year old asks for the "song by the black guy". I freak scrambling to think what rap song he wants, wife gives me a look like what kind of racist shit did he just request, but he's referred to a Volbeat Album cover that displays on the screen. He wanted a Warrior's Call and wife then said she wants to see them in concert. So bought tickets for PBA in 3 weeks. Fuck yeah.

1. Hardwired
2. Enter Sandman
4. Warrior's Call

View attachment 6503
That's awesome!

I got tired of Disney, so I started making my daughters listen to Hair Band radio on Pandora.
Now they know all the songs and sing along to almost everything.
My proud dad moments happen daily on the way to school.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I posted this in the My Little Pony thread after it happened.

This fall the wife and I took our son (18 months old at the time) to a pumpkin patch place in North Platte.

They had this old harvester they built a little walk way up to and kids could go inside and play.

Once my son saw it and got to play inside it he refused to leave. Didn’t want to do anything else, not even bribes of treats (fresh Carmel apples and popcorn) could get him out.

He just kept waving me away saying “I work” “I work more” “I work”.

Not even 2 years old and this little 308 boy already has a work ethic superior to 90% of Libs. (No offense to any Liberals reading this)

Brought a tear to my eye and an arranged marriage offer to 1 of @scotchfrost9697 daughters.

4-F8-C8030-F583-41-C4-A2-F9-CA4767-AD46-AA.jpg

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I posted this in the My Little Pony thread after it happened.

This fall the wife and I took our son (18 months old at the time) to a pumpkin patch place in North Platte.

They had this old harvester they built a little walk way up to and kids could go inside and play.

Once my son saw it and got to play inside it he refused to leave. Didn’t want to do anything else, not even bribes of treats (fresh Carmel apples and popcorn) could get him out.

He just kept waving me away saying “I work” “I work more” “I work”.

Not even 2 years old and this little 308 boy already has a work ethic superior to 90% of Libs. (No offense to any Liberals reading this)

Brought a tear to my eye and an arranged marriage offer to 1 of @scotchfrost9697 daughters.

4-F8-C8030-F583-41-C4-A2-F9-CA4767-AD46-AA.jpg

As one of the resident libs, it's nice to see someone picking up my slack.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

Sorry for long ass post.

Then my 11-year old asks for Nirvana, smile #2, my 4-year old requests Hardwired from Metallica grind #3. So as Hardwired start, our 21-month old starts clapping and singing ask my headbanging starts.

1. Hardwired
2. Enter Sandman
4. Warrior's Call

View attachment 6503
So I know that I’m the old bastard around here, but my first thought after reading yore thread title was to where things stand today.

Mrs. Bomber and I have 5 kids, age range from 36-41. Nine grandkids. All five are gainfully employed, making above-average incomes, living in homes nicer than ours and, in general, just doing pretty damn good at the game of life.

Sooooo, proud dad moments come in many different forms. The satisfaction we both have regarding our kids is off the charts. Especially compared to some of the nightmare stories that are out there regarding other families, kids, jobs, etc.

I’m a very lucky guy…….😎

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
A few of my proud dad moments from each of my children.

My 1st daughter, she's 7 - taking her to golf practice when we were hitting balls off the mat indoors last year because of rain. She wants to bring her clubs and hit too. She tee's them up and is ripping drives across the gym better than half our golfers. LOL.

My 2nd daughter is a kind, sweet little girl, she's 5. Just before break, they have this deal in school where they earn some rewards, one of them is to eat with the principal, they get to bring a friend, eat with her and play a game. Come to find out, she picked a classmate to go with because, "Dad, she doesn't get to be picked very often."

My 3rd daughter. She just turned 3, and a wild child. Pretty much amazes me everyday as most people think she's 4. Very articulate, and a smart ass. She finally warmed up to the dog, and let's her know who's boss now.

My son just turned one in November. His favorite thing to do to me is back up, and run head first into me as hard as he can and finds it hysterical. I think I might have a football player on my hands. Super pumped.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

My 1st daughter, she's 7 - taking her to golf practice when we were hitting balls off the mat indoors last year because of rain. She wants to bring her clubs and hit too. She tee's them up and is ripping drives across the gym better than half our golfers. LOL.

My 2nd daughter is a kind, sweet little girl, she's 5. Just before break, they have this deal in school where they earn some rewards, one of them is to eat with the principal, they get to bring a friend, eat with her and play a game. Come to find out, she picked a classmate to go with because, "Dad, she doesn't get to be picked very often."

My 3rd daughter. She just turned 3, and a wild child. Pretty much amazes me everyday as most people think she's 4. Very articulate, and a smart ass. She finally warmed up to the dog, and let's her know who's boss now.

My son just turned one in November. His favorite thing to do to me is back up, and run head first into me as hard as he can and finds it hysterical. I think I might have a football player on my hands. Super pumped.
Great stories on all but especially daughter #2. Great awareness and caring for a 5 yr old kid. Love it…….😎

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My daughter is about to turn 9 months here in a few weeks, is crawling pretty well, and figured out how to climb a few steps the other night. Is all about climbing the 3 steps going from the living room to the kitchen, and is thinking she wants to try and climb upstairs to my wife and I's bedroom here any time.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

love how your family is the classic family dynamic

Oldest: Alpha
Middle: Peace maker
Youngest daughter: wild
Youngest: be tough or die future Football stare

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Many moons ago (OK, doing some back of the envelope math here ... 28 years ago), we were at a charity dinner at the Doubletree Hotel. Boyd Epley and his wife were seated at our table, and the discussion turned to kids. My son's habit at that time was leaping off the back of the leather sectional and tackling the 90 lb. dog every time it walk by, and I shared that with the group seated at our table.

Boyd grabbed a paper bar napkin from off the table and wrote up a very unofficial Letter of Intent for my son to be a Husker when he was ready for college. So SOMEWHERE in all of the shit my wife keeps for each of our kids that fills up 1/3 of my storage in this house is a napkin with that info on it.

My proud moment will be when he gets his own house and I can finally empty out my storage area. The napkin LOI was pretty cool, too.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
love how your family is the classic family dynamic

Oldest: Alpha
Middle: Peace maker
Youngest daughter: wild
Youngest: be tough or die future Football stare
The third one is always the wild one - raised by siblings, not by parents. They should all be named Remus or Romulus by default.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds