Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (3 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Children are the spawn of Satan and under no circumstances is it recommended to have them

E7fZHwJXIAwSGfg

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah welcome to 2 years old. Mine has to do everything “BY MYSELF” and will go from being delightful and playful to cranky and whiny on a dime for absolutely no reason.
Exactly this. Every time we go somewhere and have a cart, she has to push it. Might be at .5 mph and in every single direction except straight, as soon as I put my hands on it and straighten it out, she ties to shooo my hands away. Of course I just keep my hands on it every few seconds to make her feel like she's doing it herself.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I’m headed to swim class right now with my boys. They are 4 and 3 and are both fine with just their instructors now

My wife made us take our oldest to a playtime “meet the swim teacher” event at the pool so the kids know the instructors prior to lessons etc etc.

Boys…I was like Indy in the Amazon temple avoiding booby traps cuz 2 of the instructors were stacked and had on the classic one piece red life guard swimsuit and my wife was watching me like a god damn Rottweiler.

But seriously
himym-how-i-met-your-mother.gif

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
My wife made us take our oldest to a playtime “meet the swim teacher” event at the pool so the kids know the instructors prior to lessons etc etc.

Boys…I was like Indy in the Amazon temple avoiding booby traps cuz 2 of the instructors were stacked and had on the classic one piece red life guard swimsuit and my wife was watching me like a god damn Rottweiler.

But seriously
himym-how-i-met-your-mother.gif
creeper creeping GIF

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
My oldest daughter (6) had her dance recital this past weekend. Granted, she is only 6, but it was awesome seeing that they put her in the middle of the stage and that she was far and away the strongest dancer. She even told us that her teacher told the other girls that if they forget the next steps to look at what she is doing. The girl worked hard over the last few months, practicing daily. So cool to see her hard work payoff.

It was a little weird though when Sunday rolled around and she said she didn't know what to do anymore because her recital was over. I need to make sure that her identity doesn't get too caught up solely in her accomplishments...

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My oldest daughter (6) had her dance recital this past weekend. Granted, she is only 6, but it was awesome seeing that they put her in the middle of the stage and that she was far and away the strongest dancer. She even told us that her teacher told the other girls that if they forget the next steps to look at what she is doing. The girl worked hard over the last few months, practicing daily. So cool to see her hard work payoff.

It was a little weird though when Sunday rolled around and she said she didn't know what to do anymore because her recital was over. I need to make sure that her identity doesn't get too caught up solely in her accomplishments...
Escape dance as soon as you see a window. I've got a house payment going to the dance studio every month.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Escape dance as soon as you see a window. I've got a house payment going to the dance studio every month.
We are pretty fortunate. I know the owner of the studio very well - practically family. We have a VERY reduced payment. In return, my wife is very involved with volunteering at the studio. When I found out what everyone else was paying, I was shocked....

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We are pretty fortunate. I know the owner of the studio very well - practically family. We have a VERY reduced payment. In return, my wife is very involved with volunteering at the studio. When I found out what everyone else was paying, I was shocked....
We're related to the studio owner but no volunteering. Our price is the same as everyone else's. Whoa is me.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
get out GIF

Dance is the devil!!

both my girls joined the hour a week dance thing. After a couple years of that the studio owner said they were good enough to be on the ‘competition’ team…that’s when you run boys….RUN!!!

we paid what amounted to a mortgage per month to that place for three years…FUCK MY LIFE…

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
get out GIF

Dance is the devil!!

both my girls joined the hour a week dance thing. After a couple years of that the studio owner said they were good enough to be on the ‘competition’ team…that’s when you run boys….RUN!!!

we paid what amounted to a mortgage per month to that place for three years…FUCK MY LIFE…
I just have one luckily. Sounds like @huskermack is on a whole other level of competition.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
get out GIF

Dance is the devil!!

I can vouch for this 100%.
Edit - and I have two girls on the comp team.
And we live in Alaska. And we travel four or five times a year to compete. And this is the last fucking trip I’m going with.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can vouch for this 100%.
Edit - and I have two girls on the comp team.
And we live in Alaska. And we travel four or five times a year to compete. And this is the last fucking trip I’m going with.
Dance was huge in Bethel. I felt bad for my buddies that were always having to fly into Anchorage, Arizona, etc and have to sit in an auditorium all day.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds