Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (3 Viewers)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Big night tonight for my 2 year old. We did swim classes last summer and into the fall, and continued them again about a month ago. The swim classes are parent taught with an instructor in the pool as well, good sized group. My daughter has advanced pretty well through the basic stuff as the weeks have gone by, so tonight we signed her up for a trial session with an instructor without me in the pool. It's usually me and her. I'm very proud that we're at the point of giving it a shot, but I'm a tad bit emotional given that it's been a me and her thing since Day 1, and that could change tonight. Hoping for the best!

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Big night tonight for my 2 year old. We did swim classes last summer and into the fall, and continued them again about a month ago. The swim classes are parent taught with an instructor in the pool as well, good sized group. My daughter has advanced pretty well through the basic stuff as the weeks have gone by, so tonight we signed her up for a trial session with an instructor without me in the pool. It's usually me and her. I'm very proud that we're at the point of giving it a shot, but I'm a tad bit emotional given that it's been a me and her thing since Day 1, and that could change tonight. Hoping for the best!

We just went through that with our youngest. The first couple sessions were tough with the separation because he's never been in the pool without mom or dad near by. It's one of those you have to let go because they're growing up moments.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
My oldest had his preschool graduation last night. I went into it thinking it was kinda hokey to do but he was beaming all night long, he was so proud of himself and loved having all his family there to introduce to his friends.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
We just went through that with our youngest. The first couple sessions were tough with the separation because he's never been in the pool without mom or dad near by. It's one of those you have to let go because they're growing up moments.
Yeah. I'm usually pretty good at these situations because they have to happen and I know that. Hope I can keep the streak up.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My oldest had his preschool graduation last night. I went into it thinking it was kinda hokey to do but he was beaming all night long, he was so proud of himself and loved having all his family there to introduce to his friends.
My youngest almost missed her pre school graduation because I forgot to get her from daycare.

My wife and I sit down and she starts rolling the video as they're walking out. Then she says...where's Millie? Can hear me in the video saying "Oh shit" and taking off to go get her. Only a few blocks away. Barely missed the first song.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
My oldest graduates next weekend and will head to Ft Benning for basic training. It's for the national guard, he wants to be a diesel mechanic. Couldn't be more proud, he fucked off pretty bad throughout high school like I did but pulled it off. Got a junior to be and my daughter starts high school this fall. To you guys with little ones, enjoy it because it fucking goes fast once they hit middle and high school.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Well, my 2 year old daughter did fantastic at swim lessons on her own with the instructors tonight. Never cried, lots of smiles and laughs and waves. Super proud of her. Was also emotional with a lump in my throat fighting back the watery eyes. We all know the mother daughter bond is strong so I tried my best to enjoy our swim lessons together cause I knew it would end at some point. Reality is a bitch. Is what it is, she’s growing up on me. Soccer starts in a couple weeks. Next up is t ball after that. We’ll see how soon I start coaching.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Well, my 2 year old daughter did fantastic at swim lessons on her own with the instructors tonight. Never cried, lots of smiles and laughs and waves. Super proud of her. Was also emotional with a lump in my throat fighting back the watery eyes. We all know the mother daughter bond is strong so I tried my best to enjoy our swim lessons together cause I knew it would end at some point. Reality is a bitch. Is what it is, she’s growing up on me. Soccer starts in a couple weeks. Next up is t ball after that. We’ll see how soon I start coaching.
Dude, the daddy-daughter bond is special and lifelong. She'll grow up, but lots of adventures still to come.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Dude, the daddy-daughter bond is special and lifelong. She'll grow up, but lots of adventures still to come.
I am figuring that out as times goes on. I don’t have any siblings, only one girl cousin. My main blueprint is my wife and mother in law and boy is that one tight. But, ours is pretty great.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Update: Had 2nd swimming lesson on her own on Tuesday night. Went terrible lol was pissed off walking in because we tried to take her towel so she could swim, proceeded to basically give all the instructors the silent treatment. Got her into the pool for a few minutes before she realized me and my wife were not in there, but outside the window watching. Lost her mind. Wife pulled her out within about 12 minutes. Was fully prepared to take @alt f4 's advice and ride it out but the wife "didn't want to traumatize her against pools and water for a long time". Back to Parent taught classes again.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Update: Had 2nd swimming lesson on her own on Tuesday night. Went terrible lol was pissed off walking in because we tried to take her towel so she could swim, proceeded to basically give all the instructors the silent treatment. Got her into the pool for a few minutes before she realized me and my wife were not in there, but outside the window watching. Lost her mind. Wife pulled her out within about 12 minutes. Was fully prepared to take @alt f4 's advice and ride it out but the wife "didn't want to traumatize her against pools and water for a long time". Back to Parent taught classes again.

It's so tough because one day it's 2 minutes of fussing or crying,, next day he or she can't wait and gets their swim suit on in the morning, but next might be best to pull them knowing it's going no where. I actually had to pull mine on his last lesson, but I knew going into it would be a struggle. He just got over a cough and napped for like 4 hours prior in the day. He was with his instructor who he loves and she's been at the YMCA child watch or their programs with him for his entire life. Still a struggle whining, refusing to do anything and throwing a fit. Nothing she tried worked, so finally I cut my workout and walked down to get him about 10 minutes in.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It's so tough because one day it's 2 minutes of fussing or crying,, next day he or she can't wait and gets their swim suit on in the morning, but next might be best to pull them knowing it's going no where. I actually had to pull mine on his last lesson, but I knew going into it would be a struggle. He just got over a cough and napped for like 4 hours prior in the day. He was with his instructor who he loves and she's been at the YMCA child watch or their programs with him for his entire life. Still a struggle whining, refusing to do anything and throwing a fit. Nothing she tried worked, so finally I cut my workout and walked down to get him about 10 minutes in.
It's a tad counter productive in my opinion going back to the parent class. I know I'm biased but it seems like she's simply bored by some of the really basic stuff. And I know basic is great for a 2 year old but if she's advancing quick then I'm all for the advancement. But, I also hate when people make scenes and it was 100% a scene, but I was willing to wait it out. I suppose it's just dealing with a toddler at this point. Sometimes I'm the coolest person in the world and other times she wants nothing to do with me. I guess it's a day by day battle.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's a tad counter productive in my opinion going back to the parent class. I know I'm biased but it seems like she's simply bored by some of the really basic stuff. And I know basic is great for a 2 year old but if she's advancing quick then I'm all for the advancement. But, I also hate when people make scenes and it was 100% a scene, but I was willing to wait it out. I suppose it's just dealing with a toddler at this point. Sometimes I'm the coolest person in the world and other times she wants nothing to do with me. I guess it's a day by day battle.
Yeah welcome to 2 years old. Mine has to do everything “BY MYSELF” and will go from being delightful and playful to cranky and whiny on a dime for absolutely no reason.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m headed to swim class right now with my boys. They are 4 and 3 and are both fine with just their instructors now

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds