Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Proud Dad Moments? (2 Viewers)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
My oldest just finished his graduation ceremony, now it's 40 pounds of jumbo chicken wings to grill by 4pm, along with burgers and hot dogs. Feels fucking great man, he goes to fort benning July 31st for basic training.
Congrats man!
bill murray film GIF by Hollywood Suite

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Bump. My daughter went through her first full 45 minute dance class on her own with the other little girls last night. She did fantastic. The wife and I decided to let that settle in for a few more weeks and then we'll try the parent-less swimming lessons again. She's growing up!

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Watching the first year of tackle football has been a blast. The little man has been at the Nose, Center and Long-Snapper this year.
That's awesome!

I'm living that girl-Dad life and my middle just started her first year of dance. It was crazy dropping off two of my girls now. It goes by fast!

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Haha the kids been wrestling since 4 and pretty damn good at it so I knew he’d take to football well, but his niche has definitely been on the defensive side. He’s had 4 plays this year he’s tackled the QB before he can get back to hand off the ball. Real proud dad moment for sure
Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to when I can have those type of times

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to when I can have those type of times

It’s a blast! Haha your kid being out there competing (at least for me) might be the most nerve racking feeling in the world.

I never remember being nervous really in baseball or wrestling, but man my kid being out on the mat or on the pitchers mound just makes me an absolute mental mess

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Bump. My daughter went through her first full 45 minute dance class on her own with the other little girls last night. She did fantastic. The wife and I decided to let that settle in for a few more weeks and then we'll try the parent-less swimming lessons again. She's growing up!
Our 2nd daughter wanted to do karate last year...was pumped she wanted to do it. Got her yellow belt last year and broke a board.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Our 2nd daughter wanted to do karate last year...was pumped she wanted to do it. Got her yellow belt last year and broke a board.
My dad wanted me to do that as a kid to build confidence. Bought me a dirt bike instead. I want the same for my daughter. Did not even think about karate but I will now, thank you!

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I don't have girls, but if I did then I would try to get all of them to do karate. Would make me feel so much better.
I didn't even push it to my kids, one day, she just said I want to do karate, I was pumped, she didn't really like it at first, but stuck with it. Was very proud. Her first "meet" she was the first kid up to do her routine thing and did well.

The funniest moment of the whole thing was she would come home and show off what she learned. How to get out of a wrist lock and how to hip toss someone...lol, I saw her launch her little sister in the yard one day...

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughter who is 9 is taller than my 11 year old son. I have no idea where she gets it from as my wife and I aren’t overly tall.

We move to TN and she really wants to get into volleyball. So we find a place and without ever having picked up a volleyball she enters practice and doesn’t look out of place at all. The bravery it took to go in and start kicking ass right away without having any real experience was incredible to witness.

She played tennis off and on and it that probably helps her mobility on the court.

Future Huskers volleyball player down the road!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughter who is 9 is taller than my 11 year old son. I have no idea where she gets it from as my wife and I aren’t overly tall.

We move to TN and she really wants to get into volleyball. So we find a place and without ever having picked up a volleyball she enters practice and doesn’t look out of place at all. The bravery it took to go in and start kicking ass right away without having any real experience was incredible to witness.

She played tennis off and on and it that probably helps her mobility on the court.

Future Huskers volleyball player down the road!
How tall was your mailman circa 2014?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds