Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The fourth season started up tonight on HBO Max.

Definitely had a very compelling opening and yeah, hopefully it’s something horrifying with how they showed the end there.

Thoughts?

Also, keep spoilers in spoilers until after this week.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
Was a good first episode. Not sure what to think yet. Scientists killed the girl and someone getting revenge is the obvious story line so maybe something completely different?
God dammit, Jim. Thanks for the spoiler.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
The fourth season started up tonight on HBO Max.

Definitely had a very compelling opening and yeah, hopefully it’s something horrifying with how they showed the end there.

Thoughts?

Also, keep spoilers in spoilers until after this week.

Rust Cohle's father died in Alaska. His name was Travis. The dead man who led weird woman in the wild out to the bodies was named Travis.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Rust Cohle's father died in Alaska. His name was Travis. The dead man who led weird woman in the wild out to the bodies was named Travis.
I remember the Alaska name drop from Season 1, but I didn't put the two names together for his father. Gotta go back and see if they mention or keep anything hidden regarding Rust in the parts with the lady in it.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I remember the Alaska name drop from Season 1, but I didn't put the two names together for his father. Gotta go back and see if they mention or keep anything hidden regarding Rust in the parts with the lady in it.
They could just be paying homage to the series creator.

The Easter Egg-ization of lots of series has jumped the shark IMO.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
10 minutes in and its meh
ok its not bad

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Haven't watched any other season but this first episode was great TV. Drew me in immediately.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Haven't watched any other season but this first episode was great TV. Drew me in immediately.
So they're all different in their own way. But True Detective Season 1 is the best 8 episode show you will ever watch.

The writer spent years working on that thinking it wouldn't ever get produced and followed by having the same director direct all 8 episodes.

The reason why we have this season of True Detective is because of those 8 episodes. It's like having Usain Bolt being your lead in the 1600 meter relay.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So they're all different in their own way. But True Detective Season 1 is the best 8 episode show you will ever watch.

The writer spent years working on that thinking it wouldn't ever get produced and followed by having the same director direct all 8 episodes.

The reason why we have this season of True Detective is because of those 8 episodes. It's like having Usain Bolt being your lead in the 1600 meter relay.
The six minute tracking shot is maybe the best six minutes in tv history lol

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
It was good but it had other shows try to imitate it and it got annoying. GoT did one afterwards in Winterfell during The Long Night and it looked amateurish.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
The director has had a knack for doing it. Most of this shows or movies he's directed has a few one shots.

With that said, even the last scene of that episode with the guy walking across the grassy field was a 'holy crap' intimidating look for nothing but a methhead.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds