Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (2 Viewers)

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It was good but it had other shows try to imitate it and it got annoying. GoT did one afterwards in Winterfell during The Long Night and it looked amateurish.
thats because the long night was terrible and no one could see a damn thing lmao

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Couldn't get into any of them after season 1. Am I dumb for that? I can try again - but damn the first season was perfectly awesome.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has a definite horror vibe this time around.

Could be tying into the psychological impact of being in darkness 90% of the time in the winter months.

Pretty sure the crime rate surges during those months which is an interesting plot device.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Wow you need to go watch season 1 immediately
So they're all different in their own way. But True Detective Season 1 is the best 8 episode show you will ever watch.

The writer spent years working on that thinking it wouldn't ever get produced and followed by having the same director direct all 8 episodes.

The reason why we have this season of True Detective is because of those 8 episodes. It's like having Usain Bolt being your lead in the 1600 meter relay.
About halfway through the first season. Yep it's good.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Holy shit that was insane
will ferrell popcorn GIF

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Little jealous you get to watch that for the first time. Kinda like Game of Thrones, would be amazing to watch for the first time again. Up until the final season of course.
useless super power that ive always wanted is to erase a show/movie/song and rewatch/listen again for the first time

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
useless super power that ive always wanted is to erase a show/movie/song and rewatch/listen again for the first time
I have a client with Dementia. Every year he tells me the best part is he can watch the same Netflix series over and over. I laugh every time like it's the first time I'm hearing it.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Season 2 sucked. Total casting mistake for Vince Vaughn.
Season 3 was great with a good payoff.

Thought Season 2 got too much into public sector terminology early like zoning disputes and stuff like that and was confusing to follow. Along with the casting mistakes. Vaughn being taken seriously as a bad guy is impossible.

Season 3 was good until the finale imo. Left a lot to be desired for having a promising story line.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Thought Season 2 got too much into public sector terminology early like zoning disputes and stuff like that and was confusing to follow. Along with the casting mistakes. Vaughn being taken seriously as a bad guy is impossible.

Season 3 was good until the finale imo. Left a lot to be desired for having a promising story line.
Vaughn can be a good villain, but I just don't believe the script gave him a chance to shine in that type of role.

Season 2 and 3 just fell short due to the bar set by Season 1. Both had their flaws, but those flaws really stuck out compared to Season 1.

Hopefully 4 doesn't do that.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Anyone watch E2? Thoughts? What’s with the frozen guy screaming?

Don’t love any of the characters so far. The writing seems meh as well. Intrigued by the storyline and the tie-backs to S1.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Anyone watch E2? Thoughts? What’s with the frozen guy screaming?

Don’t love any of the characters so far. The writing seems meh as well. Intrigued by the storyline and the tie-backs to S1.
going a few months without any sunlight seems like absolute fucking hell is about my only thought regarding the show so far

story is ok so far, characters are meh, i'm gonna keep watching

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds