Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Which true freshmen do you think burn their shirts? (1 Viewer)

GBR305

Linebacker
Right now, I'd have to guess:

Lenhardt
Umanmielen
Bootle
Fields
Safeeullah

The first two will play significant minutes on the DL, the last three will mainly be special teams guys but could get some defensive snaps. Obviously none of this could happen but it's just a guess.

Herbie

Quarterback
Prince and Leonhardt. After that none? Unless one of the dbs set the world on fire. Being able to play in 4 games allows you to rotate what games the young guys play unless there are injuries to starters or again they just set the world on fire

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right now, I'd have to guess:

Lenhardt
Umanmielen
Bootle
Fields
Safeeullah

The first two will play significant minutes on the DL, the last three will mainly be special teams guys but could get some defensive snaps. Obviously none of this could happen but it's just a guess.
I'd drop Syncere and maybe add Noonan.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
my wild ass guess:

Alvano
Fields
Leonhardt
Umanmielen
Coleman
Doss

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have a coach who wants to take large freshmen classes and give the young guys tons of practice reps and lots of S&C so they'll develop faster. He clearly isn't going to wait until year 4 for someone to produce - the idea is to see who will be able to produce as soon as possible. If you can't produce in a couple of years, you may not be here any longer.

The player goal in such a highly competitive environment is to get on the field, not redshirt. Of course, that doesn't mean the coaches will needlessly burn a year of eligibility if someone isn't ready to play, but guys who are redshirted will really be under the gun to produce in year two on campus or they'll be processed.

It will be interesting to see how many redshirts we end up with in such a culture.

This won't be the redshirt philosophy most of us are used to. They aren't looking to have guys here 5 years.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
We have a coach who wants to take large freshmen classes and give the young guys tons of practice reps and lots of S&C so they'll develop faster. He clearly isn't going to wait until year 4 for someone to produce - the idea is to see who will be able to produce as soon as possible. If you can't produce in a couple of years, you may not be here any longer.

The player goal in such a highly competitive environment is to get on the field, not redshirt. Of course, that doesn't mean the coaches will needlessly burn a year of eligibility if someone isn't ready to play, but guys who are redshirted will really be under the gun to produce in year two on campus or they'll be processed.

It will be interesting to see how many redshirts we end up with in such a culture.

This won't be the redshirt philosophy most of us are used to. They aren't looking to have guys here 5 years.
Agree! The only position that could possibly be the exception would be lineman. They can take a bit longer to fully develop and if we recruit well, playing behind older, better players. I could be wrong about that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds