Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Target Town showing it’s true colors (1 Viewer)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I once had a bag of 24K gold bars taken from my garage.

I once had a defendant’s girlfriend try to post his $100,000 cash only bond with a bunch of big ziploc bags full of cold coins that she said was his.

We made her take the alleged gold to a pawn shop to get the gold authenticated or get some cash cuz we didn’t think it was really gold. Turns out they were actually legit and worth over $100k.

He lost his public defender (posted too high) and then was mad and refused to hire an attorney and open plead. Judge sent him to DOC for 3 years.

I still wonder where he got all that gold tho.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Drive an f-650 small eggplant? Never heard of that one big guy
ford350.jpg

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
No, they seem to always work when I’m in front of them. This is why I’m curious if these guys jam the internet signal
There really isn't a way to jam the signal without some kind of physical obstruction to block the signal, concrete, metal, etc. My only concerns with wifi cameras are the cables for your wifi usually come in on the side of your house. If someone knows what they're doing, they could cut those and take down your internet. Some cameras have sim cards so you can use cell Internet as a backup.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
OP, I'm sorry for the thefts you've experienced. Totally sucks.

I kinda think living in a nice neighborhood in a big metro makes it more likely for you to get targeted by thieves.

If you're a thief and you're looking to thieve, why would you go to 55th and north of Ames to steal when you could go to 168th and whatever where they have way more valuable stuff?

My parent's friends' Lincoln Towncar was stolen from our driveway in Gothenburg around 1996. The friends had turned on the engine to warm it up for their 0.6 mile drive home. After highspeed chases in Cozad and Denver, with multiple collisions along the way, the thieves were arrested. At least that's how I remember it. Maybe the only stolen car of the decade in Gothenburg. A few weeks later, my paintball gun was stolen from my truck on the street when the doors weren't locked.

Please lock your doors and don't leave valuables in plain sight through the windows.

ZaneTrain23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Was that truck a 2008ish Ford? Thieves got into my buddies truck using a screw driver to pop the lock and attempted to hot wire it.
It was an 03-07 silverado. Same exact model next to me left door unlocked overnight and he had same treatment to his steering column. Thief must really fucking suck at hot wiring if he essentially had all night to figure out the unlocked one with no alarm lol. 0-2 buddy find a new gig

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure this link will work but this is a video near 156th & Dodge one night after our last break in.

https://nextdoor.com/p/sxb4_72bxG8_/c/997820467?utm_source=share
The link worked. Do people not get alerts? I had to take my phone out of "sleep focus" to get alerts "after hours". That simple move has enabled me to transition several pesky raccoons and one possum in the last week back into the passive food supply for the other critters that run the tree line behind our house.

I imagine the same principle would apply to thieves, who should also be relegated to the food supply in my crusty old man's opinion.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The link worked. Do people not get alerts? I had to take my phone out of "sleep focus" to get alerts "after hours". That simple move has enabled me to transition several pesky raccoons and one possum in the last week back into the passive food supply for the other critters that run the tree line behind our house.

I imagine the same principle would apply to thieves, who should also be relegated to the food supply in my crusty old man's opinion.
I suppose but in the middle of the night I doubt many people would wake up. Another one was just shared from the southwest corner of 156th & dodge.

I’m with you, someone should make an example of these thugs.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I once had a defendant’s girlfriend try to post his $100,000 cash only bond with a bunch of big ziploc bags full of cold coins that she said was his.

We made her take the alleged gold to a pawn shop to get the gold authenticated or get some cash cuz we didn’t think it was really gold. Turns out they were actually legit and worth over $100k.

He lost his public defender (posted too high) and then was mad and refused to hire an attorney and open plead. Judge sent him to DOC for 3 years.

I still wonder where he got all that gold tho.

1692673403711.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds