Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (3 Viewers)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Does this seem remotely realistic?

There have been a few documented cases of hypothermia where people have survived hours of exposure in sub zero temperatures.

But they all lost limbs, and suffered awful residual effects related to organ failure.

The real question should apply to the timeline.

I thought the second episode was very good.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
The acting is so horrible that it takes away from the storyline. I actually enjoy the story line for the most part. I just can’t take the characters seriously. Jodi foster was not good casting imo.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I have some issues with the portrayal of Alaska. I can’t quite figure out its geography and no one plays hockey outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau. If they wanted to be realistic replace hockey with basketball.

It's because it's a made up/more interesting version of Barrow

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
They’ve had two sex scenes in the first two episodes with the two main female characters

Neither sex scene advanced the plot or added to the plot or anything and I didn’t want to see either of these broads getting boned

Anytime these tv series include unnecessary sex scenes I just attribute it to bad writing which makes we wonder if the rest of the season will be any good

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
They’ve had two sex scenes in the first two episodes with the two main female characters

Neither sex scene advanced the plot or added to the plot or anything and I didn’t want to see either of these broads getting boned

Anytime these tv series include unnecessary sex scenes I just attribute it to bad writing which makes we wonder if the rest of the season will be any good

What do you mean?

Jodie Foster is fucking her boss, who admitted he gave her a promotion and a raise. We also found out they've been fucking off and on for 15 years, which meant she was cheating on her dead husband. She also had a kid who died. I'm betting those two storylines are related in some way.

The other chick is fucking the restaurant owner who is keeping her sister employed despite the fact that she's crazy and a bad employee.

What's interesting though is I read a review last week which inferred a whole LOT of sex is going to occur the rest of the season.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What do you mean?

Jodie Foster is fucking her boss, who admitted he gave her a promotion and a raise. We also found out they've been fucking off and on for 15 years, which meant she was cheating on her dead husband. She also had a kid who died. I'm betting those two storylines are related in some way.

The other chick is fucking the restaurant owner who is keeping her sister employed despite the fact that she's crazy and a bad employee.

What's interesting though is I read a review last week which inferred a whole LOT of sex is going to occur the rest of the season.
Hopefully they introduce some better looking women if that's the case.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I enjoy it so far.

S1 still a elite season of televisin
S2 was hot garbage
S3 was average but enjoyed Mahershala Ali’s performance
THIS. It has potential to be the best season since the first. Jodie Foster is such a freakin' good actress, so that might be part of it. The obscurity of the location and 24-hour darkness is an interesting backdrop to all of it.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Not quite season 1 when Alexandra Daddario was naked, but the sex scenes add a level of complexity to the story-telling, especially since it takes place in small town where everyone has fucked everyone at some point.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's because it's a made up/more interesting version of Barrow
Yeah, that's what I surmised. 0 commercial fishing up that way, and the hockey thing just annoys me. However, they did nail some of the details such as Kirkland brand anything is huge. Lots of retailers buy from Costco and then sell it in the villages. There are also a ton of white people whereas it would be more accurate for them to be replaced with Polynesians or Philipinos. The straw dogs are also way too nice looking. You won't really find Alaskan Huskys anywhere. Instead you'd see packs of mutts that look like a basset hound came through town and had a really good time with anything on 4 legs.

So far the show is entertaining.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
going a few months without any sunlight seems like absolute fucking hell is about my only thought regarding the show so far

story is ok so far, characters are meh, i'm gonna keep watching
It's not completely dark. Basically daytime is equivalent to dusk/twilight so you can still do stuff outside without external light.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds