Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff (4 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Thompson, Smothers, the kid from San Antonio, HH, and Purdy were all on campus Sims would have been the worst QB of all of them. And that’s the guy Satterfield chose.

Makes me nervous and wonder if he should be entrusting him with the QB evals moving forward.
I saw both HH and Synek play in high school. I would also take Synek over HH.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Chubba will be the starter next year won’t je
French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
I had a long post typed out. Decided to erase.

Let’s just say it this way….

You hire coordinators and assistants with a proven track record and the product you get from the things you place in their charge generally reflects their historical average performance.

Satterfield has always been shitty at calling plays. He’s always been terrible with situational awareness. He’s always had offenses that turn the ball over.

Hate to say this… and @Faux Sean Callahan was on this point long ago…

If Brian Ferentz was calling plays for Nebraska we win 8 games. At minimum he knows what his offenses can and can’t do.

Let that sync in.
Fuck. Be right back...

Hotcarl

Linebacker
Elite Member
Our offense did about as well as all the other offenses against Cockeye. None can boast the long bomb for a TD. Why on earth we gave up 160 yards on the ground to that particular team is a head scratcher.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
I had a long post typed out. Decided to erase.

Let’s just say it this way….

You hire coordinators and assistants with a proven track record and the product you get from the things you place in their charge generally reflects their historical average performance.

Satterfield has always been shitty at calling plays. He’s always been terrible with situational awareness. He’s always had offenses that turn the ball over.

Hate to say this… and @Faux Sean Callahan was on this point long ago…

If Brian Ferentz was calling plays for Nebraska we win 8 games. At minimum he knows what his offenses can and can’t do.

Let that sync in.

Fuck. Be right back...
17008629230413400884429126675744.jpg

Had to go grab a fucking mickeys malt liquor 40 to ease that thought process. Fuck me running. Also, I forgot how good these fuckers are ice cold. Its been like 20 years since I had one. Anyways, fuck io_a, fuck Satterfield, fuck the big 10 refs, and fuck Pickle Smoochers

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
HH should be on this team. Not at QB.

I know; that’s not a unique opinion at all. But there was a reason Whipple didn’t give him the time of day.
With the athletic ability HH brings to the table he could definitely help you somewhere else. He has NFL athletic ability. I just don’t want him as my qb.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Our offense did about as well as all the other offenses against Cockeye. None can boast the long bomb for a TD. Why on earth we gave up 160 yards on the ground to that particular team is a head scratcher.
Our offense did the same shit like they did every other game; no push, poor play calling, no rhythm, and turnovers at the worst times.

Husker825

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
HH should be on this team. Not at QB.

I know; that’s not a unique opinion at all. But there was a reason Whipple didn’t give him the time of day.
HH should only be playing in Taysom Hill style packages from here on out. He should be moved to the WR or TE room otherwise

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
people keep saying TE, but who actually has any faith that he'd be a capable blocker?

I’m confident he can match fidone blocking prowess

Fidone and Bullock cost us a lot of rushing yards this year because they couldn’t block.

Fidone most certainly showed he’s got potentially to be good. But holy fuck was he bad in the run blocking game. I’m sure he’ll see my post here at then tweet about it now too.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Fidone and Bullock cost us a lot of rushing yards this year because they couldn’t block.

Fidone most certainly showed he’s got potentially to be good. But holy fuck was he bad in the run blocking game. I’m sure he’ll see my post here at then tweet about it now too.
Using Bullock as a 'lead' blocker today a few times just blew my mind. I think most times he was just trying to kick out but god damn, it was fucking worthless.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Using Bullock as a 'lead' blocker today a few times just blew my mind. I think most times he was just trying to kick out but god damn, it was fucking worthless.

I don’t blame Satt for him being in a position to have to play Bullock because he’s one of the top 4.

I blame him for this shit. I also saw EJ on the first run play or one of them have cross the LOS and get 3 yards before an Cockeye guy was even close to him because the OL did a great job on a power run play call. Then Satt didn’t call it again.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I don’t blame Satt for him being in a position to have to play Bullock because he’s one of the top 4.

I blame him for this shit. I also saw EJ on the first run play or one of them have cross the LOS and get 3 yards before an Cockeye guy was even close to him because the OL did a great job on a power run play call. Then Satt didn’t call it again.
Exactly what I was talking about trying my best to echo what @slattimer was saying

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
View attachment 30164

Had to go grab a fucking mickeys malt liquor 40 to ease that thought process. Fuck me running. Also, I forgot how good these fuckers are ice cold. Its been like 20 years since I had one. Anyways, fuck io_a, fuck Satterfield, fuck the big 10 refs, and fuck Pickle Smoochers
I was 17 the first time I drank the Mick, 6 bumble bees later and I was stung…I don’t remember what happened but I woke up in my high school parking lot in the back seat of our 57 Chevy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds