Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff (2 Viewers)

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So you replied to this, but literally not to the previous post....

man taylor GIF

Prolly shouldn’t admit this but saw your post at a stoplight and didn’t read the rest of the thread.

I truly believe Rhule is different than any coach we’ve had in the last 20 years. We need fans to support the guy more than ever right now. Tell me his press conference today doesn’t show you how much different he is than Frost/Bo/Riley.

This program is has fallen so far and I wish people would recognize it and instead of attacking the coaches, let them do their job.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Prolly shouldn’t admit this but saw your post at a stoplight and didn’t read the rest of the thread.

I truly believe Rhule is different than any coach we’ve had in the last 20 years. We need fans to support the guy more than ever right now. Tell me his press conference today doesn’t show you how much different he is than Frost/Bo/Riley.

This program is has fallen so far and I wish people would recognize it and instead of attacking the coaches, let them do their job.
I think he's the guy as well. I don't have any real issue with Rhule. I just despise the offense. Haven't been a fan of Raoila at all.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Unfortunately college football coaches have these things called press conferences
Fortunately, he's a college football coach with experience with press conferences. If you took that literally, that's a you problem.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think he's the guy as well. I don't have any real issue with Rhule. I just despise the offense. Haven't been a fan of Raoila at all.
I appreciate the replies. My bad for coming at you yesterday. We all just want to see Nebraska play some real football. Rhule won’t quit until he’s told he’s not coach. I believe that!

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I appreciate the replies. My bad for coming at you yesterday. We all just want to see Nebraska play some real football. Rhule won’t quit until he’s told he’s not coach. I believe that!
No worries...probably deserved it.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Considering Rhule has stated they think they can compete with what they have. Is that coach speak, probably...I'm not saying they regressed, I'm saying the O has been been woefully underwhelming in penalties, turnovers, points, yardage, etc.

It's frustrating that we can't get a guy like Coleman on the field...do they really need to know all 3 positions before they can get on? Couldn't a guy like that get on the field, run some vertical routes to at least threaten the defense?

It's frustrating to watch 3 different tackles get beat, the exact same way....over and over again...probably the most concerning.
1. But the frosh WRs are seeing the field. Coleman was on the field 1st snap against La Tech. Lloyd is also seeing the field. Do you want them playing every down? Kemp, Washington, and Bullock aren’t playing all the downs either. We’re rotating a good deal. I don’t think there is a rule that they don’t get to see the field unless they know all three positions. Doesn’t line up with what’s actually happening on the field.

2. What do you think is the bad coaching leading to our OTs getting blown by. Honestly curious if there is technique out there that would explain this.
Doesn't have to say anything.
He’s communicating to the team through media. He has to say we’ll be competitive. He can’t be silent about it.
Just a few off the top of my head

Play calling late in the game vs Minnesota and in general

Schemes that are too complex to get freshmen in the game

Turnovers (something Satterfield's offenses have a history of)

I also look at the offense and how clunky they look… then I look at the defense and how organized they look. Just shit like that
Don’t think it’s scheme as much as it is confidence and S&C. At least that’s what I’ve heard about Coleman and Knutson. Others like Brice might not be long for the football team because they don’t seem to be getting it. But we are still rotating plenty of frosh through. I’m not seeing complex route trees, or blocking schemes.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Fortunately, he's a college football coach with experience with press conferences. If you took that literally, that's a you problem.
You’re the one that’s mad he said some BS coach speak in a press conference.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
1. But the frosh WRs are seeing the field. Coleman was on the field 1st snap against La Tech. Lloyd is also seeing the field. Do you want them playing every down? Kemp, Washington, and Bullock aren’t playing all the downs either. We’re rotating a good deal. I don’t think there is a rule that they don’t get to see the field unless they know all three positions. Doesn’t line up with what’s actually happening on the field.

2. What do you think is the bad coaching leading to our OTs getting blown by. Honestly curious if there is technique out there that would explain this.

He’s communicating to the team through media. He has to say we’ll be competitive. He can’t be silent about it.

Don’t think it’s scheme as much as it is confidence and S&C. At least that’s what I’ve heard about Coleman and Knutson. Others like Brice might not be long for the football team because they don’t seem to be getting it. But we are still rotating plenty of frosh through. I’m not seeing complex route trees, or blocking schemes.
I've barely seen Coleman in or Lloyd in. Doesn't seem like they're in much at all when they're throwing the ball. Just feel like we're back to the offense is hampered because we don't throw the ball down the field or have much of a deep threat. I'm sure that's why Hill has come in. It's not like they aren't trying. But I'm generally overly critical of offense anyways.

If all 3 tackles are just getting blown by, the same way, what else can it point to? Those 3 were all 4 star guys. They aren't just complete slugs out there. I know they've been bad, but to just get run around...is awful. Paul Alexander (NFL OL Coach) has always stated, outside hand down the middle = death in pass pro.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've barely seen Coleman in or Lloyd in. Doesn't seem like they're in much at all when they're throwing the ball. Just feel like we're back to the offense is hampered because we don't throw the ball down the field or have much of a deep threat. I'm sure that's why Hill has come in. It's not like they aren't trying. But I'm generally overly critical of offense anyways.

If all 3 tackles are just getting blown by, the same way, what else can it point to? Those 3 were all 4 star guys. They aren't just complete slugs out there. I know they've been bad, but to just get run around...is awful. Paul Alexander (NFL OL Coach) has always stated, outside hand down the middle = death in pass pro.
Not to argue just to give snaps.
Coleman 18 snaps 5 pass plays 13 run plays
Lloyd 11 snaps 8 pass plays, 1 rush, 2 run plays

Kind of looks like they're keeping Lloyd as a possible redshirt? Played against Minn and Mich. Not NIU or LA Tech. Might have been injured too.

Coleman was out against Mich with concussion. Maybe see him more as season progresses.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not in favour of Turd forcing Rhule to fire anyone. Hopefully Rhule, like many of us, realizes that an entire side of the ball has performed abysmally and takes the opportunity to upgrade on his own.

I don't think it's debatable that some of these guys aren't cutting it and don't have a track record that suggests they ever will.
If Turd ever has to force Rhule to make assistant changes it’s over for both of them. The biggest issues I have are with Satterfield and Raiola. Satterfield pay wise should be a top OC in the country but he isn’t and never will be. We have enough evidence to see it with his past, and everyone knows Donny was retained because of the nephew.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds