Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

McKewon: 2023 NU FB has one of weakest rosters I've seen at Nebraska (4 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
There's no supposedly about it. They're ass
That ass offensive line got better throughout the year. Not great, but not terrible.

I know Raiola is everyone’s favorite punching bag, but with that above knowledge along with Rhule, Satterfield, and Foley’s previous coaching experience of offensive line, who knows what they could actually do this year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think Sam would have any hesitation in saying that. If you're saying the roster is weak, doesn't it go without saying that last year's coach left a bunch of holes?
My prediction for the media treatment of Frost:

Now (JAN-AUG): largely leaving Frost alone
If Rhule struggles, 4-8 or worse: will blame Frost for 90% of the struggling/losses
If Rhule succeeds: will say how awesome Rhule is, slight mention of roster being "not all that bad"

For some reason, media does not want to bury Frost at all like they did Riley/Callahan. I think there's about 4 reasons for that.

I do think though that if Rhule struggles then the fans will want a scalp. The media will take Frost's at that point. But I think outside of that they really seem to kinda want to leave the guy alone.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I wish I could meet Juan. I would pin him down and rub my penis all over his fat head!
bart simpson GIF

Allow David Cross GIF

HuskerFaith

Bench Warmer
i wonder what fat Sam would do to change the roster situation since he’s a know it all sonofabitch
Sam is one of the biggest blowhards in local sports media. I don’t put ANY stock in anything he says. He’s just a clickbait artist (a poor one at that). Local media has turned into a speculative pile of dung. I see with my own eyes, I ponder with my own brain. I don’t need a mental midget with a typewriter to tell me how to think about this team.

HuskerFaith

Bench Warmer
I completely disagree. Completely.

Call it Kool-Aid of you want, but this roster is more than capable of getting to 8 wins. I'm not saying that they will get to 8 wins, but the definitely could.

Minnesota is a challenge week 0, but let's not act like they are more than they are - an extremely flawed team that is replacing a ton of reliable experience. I expect us to lose this game, but wouldn't be shocked with a win.

Cornicator is vastly overreacting with his post. Sims won't be all conference, but he has tools to be a solid QB. And his arguments about the LBs and freshman DL don't make any sense - either you start as a freshman (something he views as bad) or you are a "career backup" for the first few years of your career. Both scenarios can't be bad - what other alternate is there? Boerkicher will definitely play at TE, but I don't believe he will be the starter just because he caught the first pass in the Spring Game. I wouldn't say Ervin is overrated - what are your expectations for him? And the OL was terrible, I agree. But with improved coaching, it's not unrealistic to hope/expect for the unit to improve as well.

Just relax big fella. It's never as bad as we think it is.
Got to remember …… opinions are like assholes …. Everybodies got one. Spouting about this roster is purely speculation at this point. Speculations gets you NOWHERE fast.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Ok i’ll humor you and answer all the questions that you apparently don’t know football well enough to answer for yourself.

Let’s use Keeanu Benton’s season last year (Wiscy NT) as a baseline. He’s the same size, position, and was actually a much lower ranked recruit than Nash. Keeanu was class of 2019 while Nash was class of 2020 so he’s not much older.

Keeanu was 3rd team all Big Ten last season on a 7-5 team. Keaanu finished the year with 20 solo tackles, 8 TFL’s, 4.5 sacks, and 3 pass deflections. He made it absolutely impossible to run up the gut against Wisconsin.

Would it be too much to ask of Nash to be a 3rd team all conference performer for us next year in his 4th year like Keeanu was for Wiscy? If so, why not? Maybe because he isnt that good?

Nash last night:

4 total tackles
1 TFL
1 Sack

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds