Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

McKewon: 2023 NU FB has one of weakest rosters I've seen at Nebraska (3 Viewers)

whoboppin

Linebacker
Meh, we play in the Big Ten West. Our schedule is full of trash teams. Who is 2nd best Behind Michigan? A mediocre Wisconsin team or a shit Cockeye team that doesn’t play offense? With all of our shortcomings, drunk coaches, and shit teams we’ve had the past 5 years, they still lost like 30 games by 1 score the past 5 years. That’s practically impossible to do. Don’t be complete trash in the red zone and Nebraska is winning like 8 game a year minimum even with all these issues.

Big Favorites - (4) LA Tech, Northern Illinois, CU, and NW - These are garbage teams Nebraska should go 4-0 in these games

Tossup/Slight Favorites (4) - Purdue, MSU, Maryland, Minnesota - All have huge flaws, are rebuilding, or are on The hot seat - Split these games 2-2

Small Dogs (3) - Cockeye, Wisconsin, Illinois - Slightly better but still have huge flaws - Go 1-2

Big dogs (1) Michigan - Probably getting murdered here - 0-1

It’s not that tough to map to 6 or 7 wins. Overachieve in some areas or get hot and more is on the table. There is no reason Nebraska should be losing EVERY SINGLE CLOSE GAME. Nebraska should not have been going 0-3 vs Minneos5a, Wisconsin, and Cockeye every fucking year, they aren‘t that good. They shouldnt be splitting games vs NW, Purdue, Illinois, they aren’t that good. They should be able to get an upset every once in awhile.

tl;dr Big Ten West is trash

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Abbie Normal!
OGC.5e145bed79265c80eb66fe12a828c6eb

OGC.3ae273175872663c82c398df5559b646

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Meh, we play in the Big Ten West. Our schedule is full of trash teams. Who is 2nd best Behind Michigan? A mediocre Wisconsin team or a shit Cockeye team that doesn’t play offense? With all of our shortcomings, drunk coaches, and shit teams we’ve had the past 5 years, they still lost like 30 games by 1 score the past 5 years. That’s practically impossible to do. Don’t be complete trash in the red zone and Nebraska is winning like 8 game a year minimum even with all these issues.

Big Favorites - (4) LA Tech, Northern Illinois, CU, and NW - These are garbage teams Nebraska should go 4-0 in these games

Tossup/Slight Favorites (4) - Purdue, MSU, Maryland, Minnesota - All have huge flaws, are rebuilding, or are on The hot seat - Split these games 2-2

Small Dogs (3) - Cockeye, Wisconsin, Illinois - Slightly better but still have huge flaws - Go 1-2

Big dogs (1) Michigan - Probably getting murdered here - 0-1

It’s not that tough to map to 6 or 7 wins. Overachieve in some areas or get hot and more is on the table. There is no reason Nebraska should be losing EVERY SINGLE CLOSE GAME. Nebraska should not have been going 0-3 vs Minneos5a, Wisconsin, and Cockeye every fucking year, they aren‘t that good. They shouldnt be splitting games vs NW, Purdue, Illinois, they aren’t that good. They should be able to get an upset every once in awhile.

tl;dr Big Ten West is trash

Competent special teams alone would have resulted in at least 5 more Frost wins.

boy crying interview GIF

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
No kidding.

Cornicator has to be the absolute worst at predicitions.

Nothing like thinking you're the smartest guy in every room only for it to be the opposite.

I'm changing my username to PredictionMaster.

Literally have never been wrong.

Jef Sins is going to be the worst Day one starting QB Nebraska has ever had. This season will be miserable.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If you all are asking me whether I will take Will Howard, Adrian Martinez, or Jeff Sims, I'm taking Will Howard. But I'm taking Sims last.

Look I want to believe, but I've watched a whole lot of Georgia Tech games. Sims is just fucking dumb man with the football. He looks like he could play the game like Robert Griffin III, but half the time he plays the game like Peter Griffin,
I'll take it. Peter Griffin has won more Super Bowls than RGIII.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I wonder if you put someone like Sam's feet to the fire and forced them to carry through the conclusion that means Scott left a roster bare with holes in multiple roster spots (not saying I agree with that, but that seems to be the implication) if they'd really do that.
I don't think Sam would have any hesitation in saying that. If you're saying the roster is weak, doesn't it go without saying that last year's coach left a bunch of holes?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don't think Sam would have any hesitation in saying that. If you're saying the roster is weak, doesn't it go without saying that last year's coach left a bunch of holes?
For sure, that implication is my point. I don’t know that we will see any Nebraska media bury Frost the way they did Callahan/Riley, but TBD

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Team has elite talent at WR. Bringing in Jeff Sins means they dont care about wins and losses in year one

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Team has elite talent at WR. Bringing in Jeff Sins means they dont care about wins and losses in year one
O-line supposedly sucks though, so we needed a QB who can run

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds