Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

McKewon Has Gone Full Tater (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
CircularAncientEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I assume you are referencing his column that just posted a few minutes ago.
What's the problem with it? Seems to match everything we're hearing. Strong Rhule with a touch of #2ndChoice backup talk.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Interesting nugget:

Some university employees, according to a separate source, were told last week to be ready on 24 hours notice to host high-profile boosters and administrative leaders at a post-presser function if need be.

Pretty much verifies the other "be ready to go right away" emails & stories @HuskerGarrett posted.

jst21

Bench Warmer
It's clear listening to him that he isn't high on Rhule, mostly because I think he perceives this as a pit stop for Rhule instead of a destination.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It's clear listening to him that he isn't high on Rhule, mostly because I think he perceives this as a pit stop for Rhule instead of a destination.
if we're paying him top 10 money I have to think there's only a handful of places he'd possibly go. Penn St is the obvious one, but if he's successful enough for other schools to try to poach that just means he's done what we hired him for and he'd be worth us matching any offer

The NFL won't give him another shot, so that's not a worry, imo

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
The big issue with the article is it makes it sound like an AD doesn't even begin to court a coach until after the season is done.

"#2ndChoice is likely not to begin any conversation until after Friday’s game against Tulane, and perhaps not until Cincy is done with a title game in the American Athletic Conference, which the Bearcats are soon to bolt."

Yeah fucking right. Meanwhile, Moos was meeting with Frost in Philly around Nov 18th of 2017 before their Temple game. USC definitely had some feelers out with Riley and had him primed and ready to board a plane the day after Bedlam last year.

While I get the picture he's trying to paint that there may be some other potentially higher caliber coaches to consider, I disagree with it. I wouldn't put Klieman over Rhule and #2ndChoice. He's second tier, IMO. But #2ndChoice and Rhule are the sort of coaches where if, after vetting several coaches and gauging potential interest, those two check your boxes after communicating with them and there's mutual interest, you lock them up and don't look back.

This article would make more sense if it were written about Campbell or Liepold. Liepold's NU ties and success at KU still being a projection and Campbell's dip the past two seasons show make it sound like they could be contigency plans. Rhule is not a contingency plan.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds