Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sharp & Benning—McKewon 9/13/2022 (1 Viewer)

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Good listen here.
- Talks handling of Mo Washington
- Joe Moglia Coastal Carolina Tweet

Also, death, taxes and Damon being vague/cryptic and Sam talking on his potato 🥔 phone.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I enjoy everybody involved for the most part, but sometimes I wonder if they all just talk over the heads of their listeners way too much. So often it seems like they know what the other person is referring to, but never bother to explain to those of us listening. For example, this is word for word from this segment, I have no idea wtf they're even trying to say.

Sam: I listened to your comments about Thompson yesterday and Casey Thompson is Casey Thompson. I think there is thought behind what he says, but I think he is just very much him. And I don't know that I would take it personally. He's just kinda inside his own head. And he's a good quarterback that's what matters!

Damon: And I think that's why we absolve him of responsibility because he is a good quarterback. And I'm not chastising him because I think he did wrong, I use that as an example to remind us how cognizant we need to be of operating in silos when stuff hits the fan. If you operate in a silo when stuff hits the fan, you get a different vantage point than if you're interconnected. So it's a caveat to look at, not an indictment on who he is as a person.

Sam: I agree. That's very true. I think Casey is - he's an interesting one, because I think Coach Joseph could go to him and say 'listen now, this this and this,' and I think it could all be true, but I just think Thompson is a specific kind of person, and probably doesn't mean it sometimes the way that it comes out. Like as that press conference went on, I mean he eventually said well "we can always do more" and I think it just takes Casey time to be able to unfurl the entire scroll, just like, we didn't expect him to say the thing about Texas at the one press conference, it just came out of the blue. He's just kind of a specific kind of guy. And the thing that's really good about Casey is that he played one heck of a football game against Georgia Southern.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I knew he was asking dumb shitpotato questions, because he is a dumb, fat shitpotato.

But I didn't hear them specifically. What did he ask?

He asked Turd if We got a stop on the last drive (and won the game) if Scott still would have been fired.

There was another extremely 🥔 one but I don’t remember what it was. I just remember shaking my head. I’ll go back and listen again later.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I enjoy everybody involved for the most part, but sometimes I wonder if they all just talk over the heads of their listeners way too much. So often it seems like they know what the other person is referring to, but never bother to explain to those of us listening. For example, this is word for word from this segment, I have no idea wtf they're even trying to say.

Sam: I listened to your comments about Thompson yesterday and Casey Thompson is Casey Thompson. I think there is thought behind what he says, but I think he is just very much him. And I don't know that I would take it personally. He's just kinda inside his own head. And he's a good quarterback that's what matters!

Damon: And I think that's why we absolve him of responsibility because he is a good quarterback. And I'm not chastising him because I think he did wrong, I use that as an example to remind us how cognizant we need to be of operating in silos when stuff hits the fan. If you operate in a silo when stuff hits the fan, you get a different vantage point than if you're interconnected. So it's a caveat to look at, not an indictment on who he is as a person.

Sam: I agree. That's very true. I think Casey is - he's an interesting one, because I think Coach Joseph could go to him and say 'listen now, this this and this,' and I think it could all be true, but I just think Thompson is a specific kind of person, and probably doesn't mean it sometimes the way that it comes out. Like as that press conference went on, I mean he eventually said well "we can always do more" and I think it just takes Casey time to be able to unfurl the entire scroll, just like, we didn't expect him to say the thing about Texas at the one press conference, it just came out of the blue. He's just kind of a specific kind of guy. And the thing that's really good about Casey is that he played one heck of a football game against Georgia Southern.
It looks like they're implying that Thompson wasn't stepping up for the team when they felt like the team (especially offense) needed leadership. Obviously they would mean in practices and workouts bc he's certainly stepping up in games.

That has been rumored about CT that he is aloof and not as much "one of the guys" as, for example, Purdy is.

I can't believe Damon is bitching about this at this point. It really is Frost's and Whipple's job to unite the players. Kind of dumb to put all this on a transfer QB who'll likely only be here for 1 year.

**the one thing I'd say partially agreeing on it is that it was a little odd Thompson wasn't picked as a captain. The O literally had no leaders. Transfer or not, he could have easily stepped up and been a captain candidate. It's telling that he wasn't. And for those saying "transfer", hey, Martinez is a transfer at KSU and he was a clear captain choice for their team.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member

Agreed. We have this one buddy on a group text. That sends the vaguest of vague text messages all the time. I just continually respond with this Morse code gif. Might start sending to 1620.
giphy.gif

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Siiiiigh I get that the local media here feels some kind of loyalty or is just afraid to get their privileges taken away or something, but I'm just soooo tired of this stuff only coming out after the fact. They'll make vague hints with an "I know something you don't know" tone for years and then get all indignant like this after he's gone as if we all should've known what they knew behind the scenes. And it's not just a Mike'l Severe thing, but if he thinks someone should write a book, maybe he should do it!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Siiiiigh I get that the local media here feels some kind of loyalty or is just afraid to get their privileges taken away or something, but I'm just soooo tired of this stuff only coming out after the fact. They'll make vague hints with an "I know something you don't know" tone for years and then get all indignant like this after he's gone as if we all should've known what they knew behind the scenes. And it's not just a Mike'l Severe thing, but if he thinks someone should write a book, maybe he should do it!
If I can watch MMA reporter Ariel Helwani and UFC president Dana White get into it at pressers and Helwani surviving multiple bans (I think) from UFC events and still doing his job, I think that the local reporters can certainly survive citing anonymous sources in a media story and a stern talking to from Turd.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It looks like they're implying that Thompson wasn't stepping up for the team when they felt like the team (especially offense) needed leadership. Obviously they would mean in practices and workouts bc he's certainly stepping up in games.

That has been rumored about CT that he is aloof and not as much "one of the guys" as, for example, Purdy is.

I can't believe Damon is bitching about this at this point. It really is Frost's and Whipple's job to unite the players. Kind of dumb to put all this on a transfer QB who'll likely only be here for 1 year.

**the one thing I'd say partially agreeing on it is that it was a little odd Thompson wasn't picked as a captain. The O literally had no leaders. Transfer or not, he could have easily stepped up and been a captain candidate. It's telling that he wasn't. And for those saying "transfer", hey, Martinez is a transfer at KSU and he was a clear captain choice for their team.
Yea Suh was aloof & I don’t think it matters when the guy steps on the field & balls out. Adrian seems like that guy who’s socially popular & makes Captain but is not the leader type to ever put his balls on the line & get after guys then we get games like Purdue, where he states the locker room was not right but being popular didn’t change a thing there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds