Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s talk airline travel: What pisses you off? (8 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I will try to be the last person on that death machine 100% of the time.
This x 1000. Never understood people jumping up to get to their fucking seat. You want to sit in that uncomfortable seat 20 minutes more than you have to?
I’m in the Cancún airport right now waiting to fly home…you want to talk about checking all of the boxes of what annoys you…every single one of those people mentioned in this thread is in this airport and I want to stab them all.
I despise that airport.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't have a lot of complaints. Flying is almost always way faster and cheaper than driving.

There are rude people of course. Fat people who think they own 2 seats. Etc. Normal annoying people stuff you find anywhere.

I like window seats. I like to be able to watch the landscape below - it's a view most don't appreciate. I know I am in the minority on this.

I have only had one flight cancelled, my daughters and I had to spend the night in Dallas that time (about 6 or 7 years ago) and fly out the next day. But this winter, the flight cancellations have been extreme. My wife got stuck overnight in Denver right before Xmas. Yes, the weather was not good, but it was still handled terribly by the airlines. My parents just spent 5 days stuck in Mcallen, TX. Were supposed to fly out Monday of last week, connecting to Dallas then to Omaha. Yes, bad ice problems in Dallas, but 5 days worth? They weren't alone, some people opted to not get hotel rooms and spent the week sleeping/staying in the airport.

My parents finally got to Omaha 2am Saturday morning. So it took over 5 days worth of hours for them to leave Mcallen and get to Omaha. Ridiculous. I would be beyond pissed if that happened to me, and probably just rented a vehicle one way to drive back to Omaha. But they were kept on a string with promises/hope each following day they would get to fly out, so they waited as each day passed by. Sat in the airport each day waiting hopefully, while flights were cancelled each day, then having to get a taxi back and get another expensive hotel room each night. I get the ice storm was bad, but planes fly out in northern airports in similar conditions all the time.

Airlines seem to give less of a crap about their customers more and more.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This.

I very, very rarely fly. But every time I do it, I despise it. People are rude, people don't give a shit about anybody else anymore. Flying is awful.
Imagine the opportunity to be packed into a tin can at 36k feet with 200 people you don't know and will never see again! Much fun. Great times.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have to fly to Boston for work next month. This thread has really gotten me in the flying mood.

half-baked.gif

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Imagine the opportunity to be packed into a tin can at 36k feet with 200 people you don't know and will never see again! Much fun. Great times.
It's not all bad. I've "closed" on four (4) pieces of tail that I met on an airplane back when I was single. It would have been 5, but I turned down the flight attendant on a flight from Ft. Smith, AR to Memphis. I was literally the only passenger on the plane and she made it a point to let me know it was available and the pilots were prohibited by FAA regulation from coming back into the passenger section of the aircraft while in flight (commuter plane, Good Friday). Sadly, I had recently gotten engaged and it seemed like a really crummy way to start out my "forever relationship" by joining the mile high club (again.

deltau46

Linebacker
Insider
Pick'Em Champion
Gonna be flying to Cancun in a few weeks. Any specific tips with that airport, or transport from airport to hotel?
See if your resort offers private transportation and arrange it if they do. If they don’t, find a private car service to take you to your resort. Once you leave baggage claim it’s like flies on shit with all of the time share / rental car company / taxi people swarming you to help you and get you to buy something. Don’t make eye contact with them and keep moving out of the airport and to the transportation outside. Your private transport will tell you ahead of time where to meet them.

We always use Seasons Tours, highly recommend if you’re looking for one to use.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's not all bad. I've "closed" on four (4) pieces of tail that I met on an airplane back when I was single. It would have been 5, but I turned down the flight attendant on a flight from Ft. Smith, AR to Memphis. I was literally the only passenger on the plane and she made it a point to let me know it was available and the pilots were prohibited by FAA regulation from coming back into the passenger section of the aircraft while in flight (commuter plane, Good Friday). Sadly, I had recently gotten engaged and it seemed like a really crummy way to start out my "forever relationship" by joining the mile high club (again.
Wow. You can even sin with people you meet on the flying heap of shit! #hellishot

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I fly JSX when possible. Their routes are limited, but I’m using them to fly to Vegas in June and to Boulder for the game this fall. Makes you never want to fly commercial ever again.

PS I don’t travel for work and only occasionally for personal.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
See if your resort offers private transportation and arrange it if they do. If they don’t, find a private car service to take you to your resort. Once you leave baggage claim it’s like flies on shit with all of the time share / rental car company / taxi people swarming you to help you and get you to buy something. Don’t make eye contact with them and keep moving out of the airport and to the transportation outside. Your private transport will tell you ahead of time where to meet them.

We always use Seasons Tours, highly recommend if you’re looking for one to use.
Yep most resorts offer transfers @2010sarenevercoming

Just keep your head down and walk to the end where the transfers are. Don't give the timeshare/taxi/rental car people the time of day. And be ready, if you have 3 pieces of luggage, they'll get 3 guys to load them into the van and all 3 will ask for a tip.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm a routine guy. I honestly hate traveling in general. Takes me out of my routine. I travel as minimally as I can.

That being said, the people who stand up immediately when the flight is over and stand there for a good 15 minutes acting like they aren't the biggest douche bags alive.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm happily married with kids and I would've probably drilled that flight attendant because I have almost no will power.
The temptation was strong, Brother Lee. She was a cutie, very fit, and a playful personality. However ... it WAS on Good Friday, and the karma felt really bad. Her final act on my deplaning was to press her telephone number into my hand with a cheerful "Call me!". I knew what the right thing to do was, and dropped it in the first garbage can in the concourse on my way through the terminal.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
People who while boarding put their bag in their seat while standing in the aisle to dig out their headphones and whatever else, completely blocking the aisle and the rest of the passengers from boarding.
Get that shit out before you even get to the ticket scan, or at least sit down to do that instead of blocking the whole fucking plane. I hate people so god damn much

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The temptation was strong, Brother Lee. She was a cutie, very fit, and a playful personality. However ... it WAS on Good Friday, and the karma felt really bad. Her final act on my deplaning was to press her telephone number into my hand with a cheerful "Call me!". I knew what the right thing to do was, and dropped it in the first garbage can in the concourse on my way through the terminal.
I wish I had your strength, brother. I'm very sickly and weak when it comes to pleasures of the flesh.

doublewing

Running Back
The SWA crew doing their comedy routine. They did this once on a flight when we were delayed 8 hours due to SWA computer issues and I wanted to grab the yoke from the pilot and fly us into a mountain.

People that recline their seats back at the exact second you're allowed to. Oh yeah, I get to recline back 5 degrees! I couldn't wait for it.

Person that blows up the bathroom. I had to go real bad once and the bathroom looked like someone was murdered in there. I wasn't going to go in because I didn't want people to think it was me. I told the flight attendant to see if they could clean it up and she acted like I was requesting we land the plane in a different city. Sorry sir, can't be done. Go to the bathroom or don't.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds