Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Latest expansion rumor…

DM from the guy I screenshotted elaborates on the economic impact of the addition of UO and UW for current B1G members. In essence, current members could at best hope to break even by adding them. In that case, why do it?

View attachment 25644
What I don’t understand about this is that the offer to them was basically a half share. Is he saying that even at paying them half a share, they cause everybody to lose money? If that’s really the case than those schools anre approaching zero value (which seems hard to believe, but I guess, maybe?)

And even worse for them, 5 years on streaming only will just decrease exposure and relevance.

What I don’t understand about this is that the offer to them was basically a half share. Is he saying that even at paying them half a share, they cause everybody to lose money? If that’s really the case than those schools anre approaching zero value (which seems hard to believe, but I guess, maybe?)

And even worse for them, 5 years on streaming only will just decrease exposure and relevance.
I'm wondering if a certain former commissioner neglected to put a clause in the new media contracts to automatically increase the payment if teams are added

I am just sitting here marveling that late last night, UW and Ore were on the precipice of finally getting their magic ticket and somehow engineered themselves out of it and back into a conference tv deal that wasn’t good enough for Colorado.

Probably why FSU is all of a sudden serious about trying to leave the ACC......they are working to raise a ton of cash

Pretty sure FSU would need to pay around half a billion to exit the ACC. $120m exit fee, $30m per year left on the GOR deal.

Would be the next step in the absolute desecration of college sports to have a public university pay ACC/ESPN $500m in PE cash.

I think he is saying under the contract Fox pays more but to get to a half share each school needs to take a $2m haircut to add to the Fox increment. That says that Fox is paying a 25% share approximately

I am just sitting here marveling that late last night, UW and Ore were on the precipice of finally getting their magic ticket and somehow engineered themselves out of it and back into a conference tv deal that wasn’t good enough for Colorado.
Of course, maybe they are brilliant.

Can absolutely believe a change of heart by those schools, but cannot buy that B1G was willing to offer any significant addition of money. The conference in no way needs them now, and they would still be available after end of the new PAC deal.

Seems more likely that they wanted to see how much the rest of the PAC would be willing to pay to keep them vs what B1G was offering (and considering costa of travel etc).

It’s just very hard to see presidents being so anxious about having Oregon in the conference that they would throw money at them, but who knows. Maybe Phil Knight just told the AD to get its shit together.

Jimmy Fallon Love GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back