Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Latest expansion rumor…

What I don’t understand about this is that the offer to them was basically a half share. Is he saying that even at paying them half a share, they cause everybody to lose money? If that’s really the case than those schools anre approaching zero value (which seems hard to believe, but I guess, maybe?)

And even worse for them, 5 years on streaming only will just decrease exposure and relevance.
I think he's explaining it like that but I would bet it's an average of the media contract over the whole life of the contract.

There was reporting earlier that the B1G promised to take Cal in their next expansion in order to get the CA University system regents to agree to let UCLA go to the B1G.
Wasn't it also reported that the B1G agreed not to take Oregon to secure USC.

There is a lot of stuff reported in this day and age. I wonder what is true, be interesting when it's all said and done.

The funny part is they actually think they're making a valid argument. It's like saying Nebraska is going to dominate the B1G this year because we were awesome in the 90s.
I thought the same thing. Does that history mean Florida State or Miami would beat Michigan and Ohio State this year?

The RSS poster I have screenshotted to post in this thread just told me the Pac 12 meeting was so bad UO and UW just decided to take what the B1G offered them yesterday, which apparently is not half shares. He said people will be shocked at how little it is.

Sounds like the B1G now has unclaimed broadcasts with these teams added and needs a 4th broadcaster for them and may get Apple, which is looking for content now that the Pac 12 deal fell through. Said Stanford and Cal may figure in that.

Wasn't it also reported that the B1G agreed not to take Oregon to secure USC.

There is a lot of stuff reported in this day and age. I wonder what is true, be interesting when it's all said and done.
except that "agreement" isn't written down anywhere from what I understand

The RSS poster I have screenshotted to post in this thread just told me the Pac 12 meeting was so bad UO and UW just decided to take what the B1G offered them yesterday, which apparently is not half shares. He said people will be shocked at how little it is.

Sounds like the B1G now has unclaimed broadcasts with these teams added and needs a 4th broadcaster for them and may get Apple, which is looking for content now that the Pac 12 deal fell through. Said Stanford and Cal may figure in that.
This makes a ton more sense than the B1G offering them more money.

except that "agreement" isn't written down anywhere from what I understand
I think it was the Athletic that reported yesterday that the Oregon thing wasn't really brought up at the time USC came in.

So you're saying it is less than half? Interesting.

The funny part is they actually think they're making a valid argument. It's like saying Nebraska is going to dominate the B1G this year because we were awesome in the 90s.
On this note I think USC is clearly on an upward trend but they'll take a step back for a couple of years after joining the B1G. Oregon and Washington won't have as much of a change because of the styles they play.

UCLA is mediocre as it is. Don't think that will change much. They'll be the west coast version of Maryland. Get hype going into the year and end up bottom half. There's always shitty teams to beat like NW and Nebraska in recent years.

It just occurred to me that if we also take Cal/Stanford, this expansion is starting to look an awful lot like the Big 8 to Big XII which, frankly, wasn't great.

It just occurred to me that if we also take Cal/Stanford, this expansion is starting to look an awful lot like the Big 8 to Big XII which, frankly, wasn't great.
I get what you're saying. But in this scenario, I think the old guard (Ohio State, Michigan and original Big Ten) will provide a more united front against the newcomers (Pac 12 ex-pats) than the Big 8 old guard did when the Texas quartet came in. Big 8 teams were so sick/afraid of Nebraska's dominance that they all took cover under Texas' wing. That won't happen with this Big Ten/Pac 12 "merger."

When the California schools propose that all teams have to play in Birkenstocks, I don't think the lesser teams in the Big Ten will go along with that just to slow down OSU.

Reactions: Irv
Get it to 24 teams, FSU, Clemson, UNC & ND and you've got a 4 pod, 24-team super conference with a national footprint.

Maryland
PSU
Rutgers
UNC
FSU
Clemson

OSU
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
ND
Illinois

Nebraska
Cockeye
Wisconsin
Minnesota
NW
Purdoodoo

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
Cal
Stanford

Get it to 24 teams, FSU, Clemson, UNC & ND and you've got a 4 pod, 24-team super conference with a national footprint.

Maryland
PSU
Rutgers
UNC
FSU
Clemson

OSU
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
ND
Illinois

Nebraska
Cockeye
Wisconsin
Minnesota
NW
Purdoodoo

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
Cal
Stanford
Then what? How do you pick who plays in the B1G championship game? The two highest rated teams in playoff ratings? What if that's OSU and Michigan? Winning a pod championship is essentially meaningless?

Then what? How do you pick who plays in the B1G championship game? The two highest rated teams in playoff ratings? What if that's OSU and Michigan? Winning a pod championship is essentially meaningless?
Pod playoff for the national title. Who needs the SEC, they can have their regional title.

you'd do 4 team conference championship with the rest of the league playing a game the same weekend as the semi finals based on record that year, how long it's been since they played, etc. it would be like the final week of the covid season

Who knows. 4-team conference playoff? Regular season champion and look toward a 12-team national playoff?

Landscape is radically changed.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back