Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Interesting.... (1 Viewer)

NTXHusker

Linebacker
With the information that is actually confirmed as of now the strangulation charge does not have to be related to the same victim as the domestic assault charge.
That's what I'm wondering. It says that third degree can be a threat. He could've strangled a dude and told his wife he'd whoop her ass. That would account for both charges, no?

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
domestic can be considered someone you know correct doesn't have to just be a spouse?

In Nebraska state law, domestic is an "intimate partner".

By state law a intimate partner is:
For purposes of this section, intimate partner means a spouse; a former spouse; persons who have a child in common whether or not they have been married or lived together at any time; and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship. For purposes of this subsection, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement, but does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I asked a LPD officer what he's willing to share waiting to hear back on some clarifying questions. He's pretty tight lipped about this so far. He said domestic assault is against an intimate partner. My words now, the strangulation is tied to the domestic assault charge, so it's against his intimate partner. If the strangulation was against a non-intimate partner it would be another charge of assault with strangulation.

Another LPD cop with 2nd hand information told me yesterday the victim was female, but couldn't confirm that and didn't look up the police report yet when he said that.

Herbie

Quarterback
So to make sure I’m all caught up on the rumors.

Former Husker QB and interim HC Mickey Jospeh, that replaced former Husker HC and QB Scott Frost, found his wife having sex with former Husker QB Steve Taylor. And now the next WR coach is rumored to be former Husker QB Joe Dailey.

That everything?

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
With the information that is actually confirmed as of now the strangulation charge does not have to be related to the same victim as the domestic assault charge.
That is correct. For some reason I thought it was originally labelled as "domestic strangulation" which, in NJ, carries a 5-10 year prison term. But after reading what's out there the "domestic" part is not attached to the strangulation. That doesn't mean it wasn't committed on her, just vague at this point. I'm surprised no media outlet has gotten their hands on the complaint. That's a matter of public record and is subject to an OPRA request.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
So while this won't be a 30 for 30, can we get a 5 for 5 on this last 24 hours?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If it came out that Mickey walked in on his wife having an affair. Beat the shit out of the person the wife was having the affair with and then walked out of the house. How then would you feel about Mickey?

I have no idea if this is what happened. Would that change things in your mind?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If it came out that Mickey walked in on his wife having an affair. Beat the shit out of the person the wife was having the affair with and then walked out of the house. How then would you feel about Mickey?

What if it was the lesbian?

Rebound96

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

Yeah I’d do a total 180 from last night.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Adding to this. Aren’t the charges both misdemeanors? If so DV strangulation is an automatic felony in Nebraska, so the strangulation of the third party makes the most sense. Either way there would be a bond hearing today if it were a felony. I’m sure we would hear more this afternoon.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member

That wouldn’t be domestic violence in that scenario

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
That wouldn’t be domestic violence in that scenario
Nebraska courts would differ on this conclusion of that particular scenario. Should it be a DV charge? Probably not. But if the victim (wife or intimate partner) stated they felt threatened, then it’d fall under threatening in a menacing manner (3rd degree assault).

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I don't think we want a coach who strangles anyone.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Yes.. Still would think it is wrong, but it would be better than what domestic violence would be...

Don't know if it would change Turd or Rhule's mind though.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds