Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Interesting.... (2 Viewers)

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
This feeds off the thread from the DB info….

As mentioned MJs Tulsa interview was moved to zoom.

MJ went home to find his wife with Steve Taylor.

Steve Taylor is who he strangled.

If this was mentioned please merge.
Can’t be true. Here’s why: a domestic strangulation involves a crime against a family member or a person living in your home. I’ve been a prosecutor for over 20 years in NJ. The person strangled had to be his wife in your fact scenario.

Rebound96

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Can’t be true. Here’s why: a domestic strangulation involves a crime against a family member or a person living in your home. I’ve been a prosecutor for over 20 years in NJ. The person strangled had to be his wife in your fact scenario.
would note though that his strangulation charge doesn't have a domestic classification, the assault charge does.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I know, I know - don’t read the threads if you don’t like them.

But why tf does this whole state turn into gossipy little school girls over all this shit? Every damn time.

Be a grown-up, understand the Joseph family is going through some shit, Mickey will never coach again, leave it be.

I’m just being an old man yelling at clouds over the shitty gossipy nature of the human race, end of rant.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
New rumor that I just received from a former player.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Let the rumors swirl... Allegedly... Mickey's interview got moved to a zoom meeting yesterday and found his wife in bed with Steve Taylor.
Didn’t see this but just made a thread on it as that is what I was told. Whoever the mod police are around here can merge if they want or delete my thread.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
If true (I’ve got doubts), then I don’t wanna hear a single fuckin thing from the former players of this program ever again about anything.

This program should be a drama free place and all we seem to fuckin have is drama. Just when we think we may be past a ton of it, we have this shit happen.

When does the shit with this place end? It’s always something totally unrelated to football.

NTXHusker

Linebacker
I know, I know - don’t read the threads if you don’t like them.

But why tf does this whole state turn into gossipy little school girls over all this shit? Every damn time.

Be a grown-up, understand the Joseph family is going through some shit, Mickey will never coach again, leave it be.

I’m just being an old man yelling at clouds over the shitty gossipy nature of the human race, end of rant.
You've been around long enough to know that every possible scandal involving a Nebraska coach of any sport will somehow involve them or their spouse fucking someone they shouldn't. It's our default. It's who we are.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
You've been around long enough to know that every possible scandal involving a Nebraska coach of any sport will somehow involve them or their spouse fucking someone they shouldn't. It's our default. It's who we are.

Yeah, I know. I just hate it.

Football related I’m all in. Anything about their personal lives/family it makes me feel dirty just reading/hearing about it.

NTXHusker

Linebacker
Yeah, I know. I just hate it.

Football related I’m all in. Anything about their personal lives/family it makes me feel dirty just reading/hearing about it.
I am with you 100%. It is one of the many things I cannot stand about this fanbase. We always look for a moral reason to dislike the people we want to fire because we want to keep the image in our head that we care about more than winning, and since this state (even though I don't live in it anymore) is so damned puritanical...it's always, ALWAYS sex. Even if there is no substance to it, someone can easily start that rumor and it will easily take off.

In fact....let me be the first to accuse Matt Rhule of sleeping with this lady Julie at LEAST three times. Allegedly has a few kids with her as well.

Perfect. Now when he loses one, we can go back and I can say I was first.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
domestic can be considered someone you know correct doesn't have to just be a spouse?
28-323.
Domestic assault; penalties.
(1) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the third degree if he or she:

(a) Intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner;

(b) Threatens an intimate partner with imminent bodily injury; or

(c) Threatens an intimate partner in a menacing manner.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
would note though that his strangulation charge doesn't have a domestic classification, the assault charge does.
Ignoring the who is cheating on who stiff is that a possibility? I'd be a lot more understanding of MJ if the strangulation part was someone else and the dv applied to him protecting himself.

DB also said there were 2 other people in the house and a 3rd was called to try and help deescalate the situation.

Rebound96

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Ignoring the who is cheating on who stiff is that a possibility? I'd be a lot more understanding of MJ if the strangulation part was someone else and the dv applied to him protecting himself.

DB also said there were 2 other people in the house and a 3rd was called to try and help deescalate the situation.
With the information that is actually confirmed as of now the strangulation charge does not have to be related to the same victim as the domestic assault charge.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
28-323.
Domestic assault; penalties.
(1) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the third degree if he or she:

(a) Intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner;

(b) Threatens an intimate partner with imminent bodily injury; or

(c) Threatens an intimate partner in a menacing manner.
But the charge says dv and strangulation. I'm not sure if that's significant or not.

Rebound96

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
But the charge says dv and strangulation. I'm not sure if that's significant or not.
They're two separate charges. Here's the strangulation statute.

Assault by strangulation or suffocation; penalty; affirmative defense.​

(1) A person commits the offense of assault by strangulation or suffocation if the person knowingly and intentionally:

(a) Impedes the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of another person by applying pressure on the throat or neck of the other person; or

(b) Impedes the normal breathing of another person by covering the mouth and nose of the person.

(2) An offense is committed under this section regardless of whether a visible injury resulted.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds