Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Interesting story on Raiola's background (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know highlights can be curated.to make things look different, but I do wonder if Raiola is underrated in his athleticism. At least to this complete idiot, he looks like a guy who moves around well but is almost maniacal about finding a way to get the throw out over scrambling for a few yards

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know highlights can be curated.to make things look different, but I do wonder if Raiola is underrated in his athleticism. At least to this complete idiot, he looks like a guy who moves around well but is almost maniacal about finding a way to get the throw out over scrambling for a few yards
Yeah I was led to believe he was slow. He looks athletic to me.

I wrote this in another thread, but IMO this is a good level of athleticism for today's QB. It's nothing crazy, but fast and quick enough to steal you some 1st downs. But also not SO athletic that you're not tempting your OC to call too many QB run plays. I wonder if DR could do this w his legs in CFB. I think Stroud probably has the edge in straight away speed (he has two 45-yd runs in this clip) but I'm more interested in quickness and the ability to get a 5-7 yd gain on a QB keeper.

klrgumby

Linebacker
It’s so surprising they didn’t consider QB sooner because the arm talent was there. I have a buddy that umpires baseball from college on down in Texas and told me about him in 8th grade and said he was probably bumping 88-90 back then.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It’s so surprising they didn’t consider QB sooner because the arm talent was there. I have a buddy that umpires baseball from college on down in Texas and told me about him in 8th grade and said he was probably bumping 88-90 back then.

I’ll have to find where I read this again. But the last summer he played baseball they clocked him in the mid to upper 80s on his throw down to second base from behind the plate.

I hate the phrase “arm talent” because it’s so dumb. But if the phrase “arm talent” fit one person not named Patrick Mahomes it might be Dylan.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds