Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If you “transitioned” to a female during your prime… (2 Viewers)

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
Agreed.

In all reality, what you posted essentially makes her a cross-dresser. Nothing wrong with that, but there is nothing biological that suggests she should compete against woman, other than her artificially suppressed testosterone levels.
Sex and gender are two very different things. It is not uncommon at all for someone to transition while being attracted to the gender they transitioned to. In terms of the bottom surgery, I’d imagine there are some significant risks involved that they aren’t ready to take.
I typically agree but this Lia situation is weird. I read she’s chosen to keep her penis and that she also is still attracted to women. So she’s a lesbian transgender with a penis? Idk just weird
Sex and gender are two very different things. It is not uncommon at all for someone to transition while being attracted to the gender they transitioned to. In terms of the bottom surgery, I’d imagine there are some significant risks involved that they aren’t ready to take. Regardless, she definitely shouldn’t be competing against women, I think she has only been taking estrogen for a year which isn’t long enough to reduce the large advantage she has biologically.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Ok, then the conversation becomes where do you draw the line in regard to competition. I'm guessing you're going to point to muscle mass, testosterone levels, and bone density which all vary among men and it varies among women. If a trans athlete has similar bone density, testosterone levels, and muscle mass to that of her competitors, would you still bar them from competition?
Stfu! Yore Stupid fucking fight is dumb! Women are women..men are men. Coed maybe?? Dumbass! Now shut up and go away you weakling! Like I told you before, I'll be yore daddy if needed.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Stfu! Yore Stupid fucking fight is dumb! Women are women..men are men. Coed maybe?? Dumbass! Now shut up and go away you weakling! Like I told you before, I'll be yore daddy if needed.

Thank you for adding such productive dialogue. I'm sorry that trans people cause you so much angst.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think about it in terms of competitive golf (because that's what i know, that's where i work, so i have some insight). say what you want about golf, whether its a "sport," or if athletes play it, but the fact of the matter is there is a physical aspect to the game. Looking at the top 20 driving distance leaders on the LPGA vs the PGA and it is abundantly clear there is a physical (biological) advantage that males posses.

The driving distance leader on the LPGA tour this season is Bianca Pagdanganan at 284.00 yards on average. Cam Champ is currently leading on the PGA tour at 320.0yds. Bianca would rank 203rd on the PGA tour driving distance list. There's no outliers where one or two females average 20-25 yards more driving distance than everyone else because they're bigger, have more muscle/bone mass, etc. You put Bianca on the back tees on some of the PGA stops that stretch to 7500+ yards and she's automatically got no chance.

On the flip side, the 93rd ranked player in terms of driving distance on the PGA tour is Tony Finau at 299.8yds. You put him in this weeks field at the JTBC and let him play at 6,609yds, he's going to dominate, even though he's been playing pretty bad lately. It's going to be a pitch and putt contest and he's going to win 9/10 times.

The current policy for my organization's female championships is as follows:

1. declare female gender and can't change declaration (for sporting purposes) for 4 years.​
2. must have undergone reassignment surgery prior to entry deadline.​
3. must have undergone hormonal therapy and maintained testosterone levels appropriate for the assigned sex in a verifiable manner and for a sufficient length of time to minimize gender-related advantages in sport competitions. (not even sure what this means, but goes onto say we will verify with our medical consultant).​
Having said all this, if you're so deep into it that you're willing to chop off your junk, take hormones and commit to all this for 4+ years - have at it, hoss. I feel bad for the 5' 100lb biological females who have grinded it out since they were toddlers and have committed their lives to pro golf. They will never be able to take advantage of physics in the golf swing like a 6' 200lb transitioned trans female.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Ok, then the conversation becomes where do you draw the line in regard to competition. I'm guessing you're going to point to muscle mass, testosterone levels, and bone density which all vary among men and it varies among women. If a trans athlete has similar bone density, testosterone levels, and muscle mass to that of her competitors, would you still bar them from competition?
I draw the line at penises.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Sex and gender are two very different things.
Sorry, I don't prescribe to this theory.(most people don't) This is just trendy social science right now. A damaging fad that has lasting, severe repercussions.

There's heterosexual and seemingly many flavors of homosexual/asexual.

Somehow Progressive Gender theory has taken over Burger King's "Have it your way" marketing strategy.

Thankfully, people are pushing back and supporting real women/girls.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Sure, if you think 1950s mainstream American culture is a platonic ideal, that would check out.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
CriminalSilkyIncatern-size_restricted.gif

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye

1648128447831.png

"Some critics have claimed that Emma’s use of a 20 HP dinghy is extremely unfair, and “doesn’t even count as swimming since she’s not even in the water.” Despite these hurtful and bigoted claims, Emma has stated that she's not going to let small-minded individuals stop her."

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
Sorry, I don't prescribe to this theory.(most people don't) This is just trendy social science right now. A damaging fad that has lasting, severe repercussions.

There's heterosexual and seemingly many flavors of homosexual/asexual.

Somehow Progressive Gender theory has taken over Burger King's "Have it your way" marketing strategy.

Thankfully, people are pushing back and supporting real women/girls.
No offense man but you are talking out of your ass on that point. Differentiating biological sex vs gender is accepted medical theory at this point. A quick google search shows plenty of respected medical journals that have adopted the theory.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
No offense man but you are talking out of your ass on that point. Differentiating biological sex vs gender is accepted medical theory at this point. A quick google search shows plenty of respected medical journals that have adopted the theory.
That's fine.

I haven't. Most haven't. That's part and partial to a theory.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member

It is a psychological issue pure and simple. The sooner that we realize that this is about mental illness and start treating it as such, the better off we will be. It's no different than someone with Body Integrity Disorder. Those people feel like their body isn't their own and have an intense desire to amputate a major limb or severe the spinal cord in order to become paralyzed.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
It is a psychological issue pure and simple. The sooner that we realize that this is about mental illness and start treating it as such, the better off we will be. It's no different than someone with Body Integrity Disorder. Those people feel like their body isn't their own and have an intense desire to amputate a major limb or severe the spinal cord in order to become paralyzed.

Mental illness? You serious Clark?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Gender is social construct and what gender means is obviously a culturally relative point.

Can really tell who got baked and vibed in fr. philosophy v. who is decidedly unchill ITT

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
Mental illness? You serious Clark?

I'm absolutely serious. There is no science out there that proves that a person that "identifies" as a sex other than they were born is legitimate in their feelings. It doesn't matter if you're on the religious side of things (where it evidently doesn't make sense) or the scientific side of things (where from an evolution and procreation standpoint it doesn't make sense). People that "identify" as sex other than what they were born as and what their genetics state that they are, make up less than 1% of the world's population. It is time that we stop catering to that crowd.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds