Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Female Kicker Thread - RSS (1 Viewer)

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
200.gif

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I have two thoughts on this whole thing:

1. It was not that cool, definitely not deserving of all of this fawning that has tipped over into being weirdly condescending to women in some ways. It can be a cool moment while also not being deserving of weekly performance awards and nominations for "courage" awards. If she nailed a field goal I could easily see it. A goofy kickoff? Nah.

2. That being said, it was a harmless PR ploy by a program that had zero wins in a shitty pandemic season with a coach who was about to be fired. I can't believe the amount of grown men whose emotions are so twisted up about the whole thing. Who gives an F. Some dudes are so afraid of the world they look behind every door for a new boogeyman.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have two thoughts on this whole thing:

1. It was not that cool, definitely not deserving of all of this fawning that has tipped over into being weirdly condescending to women in some ways. It can be a cool moment while also not being deserving of weekly performance awards and nominations for "courage" awards. If she nailed a field goal I could easily see it. A goofy kickoff? Nah.

2. That being said, it was a harmless PR ploy by a program that had zero wins in a shitty pandemic season with a coach who was about to be fired. I can't believe the amount of grown men whose emotions are so twisted up about the whole thing. Who gives an F. Some dudes are so afraid of the world they look behind every door for a new boogeyman.
I’m on the side of what better stories came from that week of CFB? It’s like yay neat good for her. Let’s not make it into another thing where you either have to be boned up about or faux outraged like Clay Travis

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds