Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If you “transitioned” to a female during your prime… (2 Viewers)

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
It is a psychological issue pure and simple. The sooner that we realize that this is about mental illness and start treating it as such, the better off we will be. It's no different than someone with Body Integrity Disorder. Those people feel like their body isn't their own and have an intense desire to amputate a major limb or severe the spinal cord in order to become paralyzed.
Even if we agree it is purely psychological, transitioning is the best option available to treat the illness. Gender-affirming surgery is proven to lower depression and suicidal ideation. Until we have a better option to treat it, this seems like the best route

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm absolutely serious. There is no science out there that proves that a person that "identifies" as a sex other than they were born is legitimate in their feelings. It doesn't matter if you're on the religious side of things (where it evidently doesn't make sense) or the scientific side of things (where from an evolution and procreation standpoint it doesn't make sense). People that "identify" as sex other than what they were born as and what their genetics state that they are, make up less than 1% of the world's population. It is time that we stop catering to that crowd.

Do you feel the same way about people who are gay?

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member

The point being is that if you chalk it up to nothing more than mental illness, you're ignorant at the very very best. Yall are so dense and hateful it blows my mind.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
The point being is that if you chalk it up to nothing more than mental illness, you're ignorant at the very very best. Yall are so dense and hateful it blows my mind.

There is nothing ignorant about stating that there is no scientific proof that justifies the position that they identify as a sex other than what they genetically are. For someone that was all about the "science" when it came to COVID or Climate Change, you're sure quick to not need it in this case.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
There is nothing ignorant about stating that there is no scientific proof that justifies the position that they identify as a sex other than what they genetically are. For someone that was all about the "science" when it came to COVID or Climate Change, you're sure quick to not need it in this case.

It's actually very ignorant. The mental gymnastics required for you to make that leap is impressive, though. How much research have you done on the topic? Or have you just been repeating what you've been told? There is some very interesting research and literature out there on the topic.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member

You also never answered my question about people who are gay. Do you chalk their sexual orientation up to 'mental illness' as well? Can it be solved through therapy?

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Are you saying the American Psychiatric Association is transphobic, or they lack expertise?

Also, not sure how you "fear" of Trans people. Have you seen them? Not very fear inducing.

Then why do you rail so hard against them constantly? Why do you hold so much contempt for them?

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Then why do you rail so hard against them constantly? Why do you hold so much contempt for them?
I have no contempt.

I just don't like seeing men dominate women's sports. It's wrong.

Remember what this thread is about.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Are you saying the American Psychiatric Association is transphobic, or they lack expertise?

Also, not sure how you "fear" of Trans people. Have you seen them? Not very fear inducing.
Don't think you understand what the DSM-5 says about transgenderism champ.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
You also never answered my question about people who are gay. Do you chalk their sexual orientation up to 'mental illness' as well? Can it be solved through therapy?
Not Jai, but Gay and Trans are not the same.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I have no contempt.

I just don't like seeing men dominate women's sports. It's wrong.

Remember what this thread is about.

I hate to break it to you but your rage is misguided. Men aren't dominating women's sports. Get over it.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Not Jai, but Gay and Trans are not the same.

Well no shit Sherlock. Just keeping him honest. His argument for disproving trans people is 'because science' and is the same type of justification that people like yall used to excuse hatred and bigotry towards gays.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds