Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Ferentz got shitcanned (1 Viewer)

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Small nugs from the 319

- Ferentz isn't retiring at this time. Told you all btw. No timetable and if anything recent events have pushed it back. Seems prescient to remind everyone that one of his mentors is Bill Snyder

- Brian has interviews lined up with a couple NFL teams to coach TEs - I'd expect him to land there

- Paul Chryst is candidate 1 and there isn't a candidate 2 at this time for their OC spot. I would expect that to be the hire unless he finds himself a candidate for a head job opening.

- MSU will be looking to make Phil Parker the highest paid assistant coach in the nation. Many other schools have also tried and failed so don't expect anything other than an extension/raise.

- LeVar Woods was contacted about the UTEP job and promptly said no. Second consecutive year he's been a candidate after last year interviewing at Arizona State. Something to monitor as he's a large part of the succession planning. He has a son that is being recruited a little more heavily than his rating should suggest which indicates to me that other schools are working that relationship.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Couple other candidates emerging for their OC spot. Chryst may not turn down the job but if he does a few names I've heard are JT Barrett and Matt Drinkall. Joe Philbin would be in the mix too but he's been a candidate from the jump due to his history over there. JT is a rising star and will be an NFL OC before long. Would actually love for Rhule to bring him on given his history with Ryan Day

Sounds like things are moving pretty quickly but an announcement will probably wait until after the bowl game.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Couple other candidates emerging for their OC spot. Chryst may not turn down the job but if he does a few names I've heard are JT Barrett and Matt Drinkall. Joe Philbin would be in the mix too but he's been a candidate from the jump due to his history over there. JT is a rising star and will be an NFL OC before long. Would actually love for Rhule to bring him on given his history with Ryan Day

Sounds like things are moving pretty quickly but an announcement will probably wait until after the bowl game.
Smart move to go after Drinkall and rub Turd’s nose in the Monkey Tits connection.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Maybe Barrett is a rising star but assistant to an assistant pro coach to OC is a heck of a leap

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Maybe Barrett is a rising star but assistant to an assistant pro coach to OC is a heck of a leap

Nobody would disagree but the bar is so low here that it's a pretty attractive opening to a lot of first time playcallers and the head coach is pretty indignant that time hasn't passed him by, so they're kicking the tires on a few more NFL analysts. His is the only name that's come up

Drinkall is an Iowan kid that's had conversations about joining the staff going back 5 years and he's pretty innovative but I think they're going to draw out of the NFL if Chryst doesn't take the job. I've asked about Holgorsen since he's from Fort Madison but I don't think there's a chance. Bielema didn't end up on the staff at any point in the last ten years for a reason

COYS

Linebacker
Will be interesting to watch Cockeye if they go with an OC who isn’t conservative as hell and doesn’t play complimentary football to that defense and special teams. It might be a bit rocky. I think Chryst is the smart choice and will play the way Ferentz likes.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
There’s a rumor going around that none other than Scott Frost reached out directly and they reciprocated interest. I can’t confirm it but holy shit would that be funny
sumbitch. do not want

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
You dont want to watch an offense score on its first drive and then shit their pants, change their pants and then shit in them again? That’s a Scott Frost offense. Would love for him to go there.
Whatever is most painful for Nebraska is usually what happens so I expect him to go to Cockeye and put together a competent offense

doublewing

Running Back
There’s a rumor going around that none other than Scott Frost reached out directly and they reciprocated interest. I can’t confirm it but holy shit would that be funny
I can't see Ferentz coexisting with Frost. I don't think he had any respect for him and thought even less of SF's offense.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds