Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Brian Ferentz says he won't be making any changes to the Cockeye "offense" (1 Viewer)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
"The embattled Cockeye offensive coordinator met with reporters on Thursday and rattled a few cages with his bluntness. He said he’d be at peace if this was his final year with the program. He said he couldn’t care less about scoring benchmarks once the games start. And, as he faces a make-or-break season in 2023, he said there are no plans to make sweeping changes to the Hawkeye offense.

“We’re going to do the same things we do, and we’re going to do them better,” Ferentz said. “I don’t know that there’s any notable changes.”

https://saturdaytradition.com/Cocke...ans-says-offense-will-do-same-things-in-2023/

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I sure as shit hope he averages 25.1 pts/game for KKKirk with a majority of those coming against cup cakes Utah St & Western Mich. Would be great for the Huskers to keep him around as long as possible running their offense.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
"The embattled Cockeye offensive coordinator met with reporters on Thursday and rattled a few cages with his bluntness. He said he’d be at peace if this was his final year with the program. He said he couldn’t care less about scoring benchmarks once the games start. And, as he faces a make-or-break season in 2023, he said there are no plans to make sweeping changes to the Hawkeye offense.

“We’re going to do the same things we do, and we’re going to do them better,” Ferentz said. “I don’t know that there’s any notable changes.”

@HuskerGarrett thoughts on getting a ticker for tPB that shows updates of Brian Ferentz's season average for points/game after each game? I like the idea of telling my dumbass Cockeye fans that we are following his average hoping he is retained. Just like they kept telling me that they hope Frost won just enough games to not get fired.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett thoughts on getting a ticker for tPB that shows updates of Brian Ferentz's season average for points/game after each game? I like the idea of telling my dumbass Cockeye fans that we are following his average hoping he is retained. Just like they kept telling me that they hope Frost won just enough games to not get fired.
I’m N

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
In fairness, no offensive coordinator has ever told the truth about what his offense will look like.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman

adam-sandler-laughing-hysterically.gif

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
idiot-loser.gif

doublewing

Running Back
They've been running the same offense since Kirk started there. They should be asking Kirk the same question as it's his blueprint.

They had the 2002 season with Banks where they changed things up and used the dynamics of an athletic QB and had their best team under Ferentz. Since then they've decided that palookas like Padilla and Petras are the way to go.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
They've been running the same offense since Kirk started there. They should be asking Kirk the same question as it's his blueprint.

They had the 2002 season with Banks where they changed things up and used the dynamics of an athletic QB and had their best team under Ferentz. Since then they've decided that palookas like Padilla and Petras are the way to go.
That's what most people fail to realize. It's about the HC, not the OC.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I hope he doesn’t and barely hits the metric to retain his job. Keep that shit show going.
I hope the opposite. I hope he barely doesn't hit the metric (by like .2) and creates a showdown between Kirk and the AD that divides Cockeye into factions that then are more concerned with destroying each other than anything else. Some saying he was close we must keep him. Others saying he must go and making a real dilemma for KF.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds