Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Would you take Brian Ferentz as our O-Line coach next year? (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Serious question, his entire background is in offensive line play including in the NFL under Bellichek. Spent a year as a TE coach where he really got Aaron Hernandez and Gronk going. Developed a good amount of NFL lineman during his time as O-Line coach at Cockeye. Don’t let him anywhere near scheme(outside what is required as an O-line coach) or play calling. Knows the B1G well. Couldn’t be worse than what we have now?

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
Serious question, his entire background is in offensive line play including in the NFL under Bellichek. Spent a year as a TE coach where he really got Aaron Hernandez and Gronk going. Developed a good amount of NFL lineman during his time as O-Line coach at Cockeye. Don’t let him anywhere near scheme(outside what is required as an O-line coach) or play calling. Knows the B1G well. Couldn’t be worse than what we have now?
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member

office-space-no-man.gif

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
With all of the sign & signal stealing currently under investigation in the B1G, this seems like a terrible idea given his knowledge and allegiance to Daddy Kirk and the team he coaches.

Hard pass.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Serious answer: can he recruit?

Our current OL position coach just got a commitment from the top OT in Hawaii (4*) and has several other inroads w other Poly OL recruits as well.

Ferentz is a better OL teacher but I would wonder about his recruiting. The Poly OL pipeline that Raiola is working to build ends the second you fire Donnie and hire the whitest man ever, Brian Ferentz. Also, unfortunately for him, his name has been a national punching bag for the last 2 yrs, so I wonder if that might hurt him in recruiting? (Maybe not IDK)

Maybe he is a good recruiter, I don't know, I'm honestly asking. Rhule demands mega hours/effort/results from that position coach.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
He's probably one of the best OL coaches on the market. I'd take him in a vacuum

But the negative recruiting would be unreal. In terms of position coaches it's DJ Durkin and then this guy as far as poor reputation goes

He's gonna go coach in the NFL, I have it on pretty good authority

doublewing

Running Back
Absolutely. He's a very good OL coach.

He's a doosh but he's not hired to run our PR department. I wouldn't worry about the guy sabotaging things as he's going to grind to be successful to revive his coaching career.

doublewing

Running Back
Would Cockeye take Scott Frost as their OC next year?
Kirk is going to take a guy that will run the same shit they always have. They haven't deviated much at all through 3 OC's: Ken O'Keefe, Greg Davis, and Brian. Kirk does not like change. So therefore it will be some no-name schlub.

If Kirk is gone they'll open things up to a more imaginative scheme.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebraska is 5-3 and momentum is building.

Why are we so intent on firing and replacing coaches/players? Let the coaches do their jobs.

I’d say Raiola has done more than enough to prove he’s got the o-line going in the right direction.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Have him coach TEs and OTs and have Riaola coach G and C

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Absolutely not. Too many reasons to mention but #1 would be that I wouldnt want anyone on a college football staff that had rumors of being racist swirling around him. True or not I am out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds