Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Ferentz got shitcanned (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going to spend a year coaching tight ends for the hoodie to then be the splash hire replacement the Hawks are looking for after Kirk retires.
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Next question: since rumor has it Daddy Ferentz is hanging em up at the end of the season, is Cockeye a place that can entice a good coach?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Next question: since rumor has it Daddy Ferentz is hanging em up at the end of the season, is Cockeye a place that can entice a good coach?
I'm sure the Bob/Mark Stoops rumors would be out there. They are almost as Nepotistic as Husker Fans are. Expect Bert Bielema's name to be thrown around. Special Teams Coach LeVar Woods. DC Phil Parker. I'm sure Lance Leipold's name would get thrown in there too. Wonder if they would consider former Wisconsin Interim/DC Jim Leonhard. Leonhard kinda reminds me of Solich a bit on the sidelines since he is only 5-8. Looks so small when he is standing around the players.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sure the Bob/Mark Stoops rumors would be out there. They are almost as Nepotistic as Husker Fans are. Expect Bert Bielema's name to be thrown around. Special Teams Coach LeVar Woods. DC Phil Parker. I'm sure Lance Leipold's name would get thrown in there too. Wonder if they would consider former Wisconsin Interim/DC Jim Leonhard. Leonhard kinda reminds me of Solich a bit on the sidelines since he is only 5-8. Looks so small when he is standing around the players.
Good call on Stoops. I could see Mark taking it. Bert wouldn't entirely surprise me either. He'd be the guy to keep em traditional I spose. Isn't Parker pretty old? Would be interesting if he got a look. For our sake, I'd rather Leipold and Leonhard don't get considered. Leipold will win plenty of games and, while I'm not sure on Leonhard as an HC yet, I'd rather not face his defenses.

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
If I was a Hawkeye fan i couldn't support a guy that fires his own son. If you take the risk of hiring your son you have to go down with him if he fails. That is not on the University, that is on you. If I was Kurt F. I would resign before firing him.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good call on Stoops. I could see Mark taking it. Bert wouldn't entirely surprise me either. He'd be the guy to keep em traditional I spose. Isn't Parker pretty old? Would be interesting if he got a look. For our sake, I'd rather Leipold and Leonhard don't get considered. Leipold will win plenty of games and, while I'm not sure on Leonhard as an HC yet, I'd rather not face his defenses.
I could see Kirk Ferentz recommending hiring the 60 year old Parker to give time for his son Brian to get some more experience so he could try to bring him back to be the Head Coach in the future after Parker retires. Cockeye fans are almost as bad as ours when it comes to being scared of change & outsiders. I had so many friends & relatives screaming for Mickey, Leipold...... as our replacement for Frost just because they had some form of connection to Nebraska. Drives me nuts with how scared our fans are of change & outsiders.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Yes, they pay above-market and you’d have institutional alignment. There aren’t a lot of swinging dick boosters.

Mark Stoops would be 1A and I think he’d take it. Bob is out of the game.

Jay Norvell had a shot at the job but they look like ass this year.

Bert isn’t what they’d want

LeVar Woods has been the lead recruiter for years and is probably only still on staff because they included him in succession planning. He’s had MAC HC offers and interviewed at Arizona State this off-season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds