Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos

Yeah, I'm not ready to assume that we're gonna be any p5 team until they can prove it. We also have absolutely no idea what our roster will look like next year, or who will be calling the defense.
I truthfully am VERY worried about what their roster will look like.

I am sure the "200 players have inquired" number is bloviated. But I am frightened that he will perform the greatest immediate roster flip we've seen. Now - can his staff coach em up when other people have 4* guys too? I am not sure. But he will not lack talent that's for sure.

Looks like Colorado’s 5.4 million per year coach is going to land some real Jimmy’s and Joes.

Hope we can land some studs with our 9.2 million per year corch?

#DerpyTrev

Oh looky another former 5 star to tackle next year

They're actually both getting paid 5.5 mil this year. Rhule's just increases a mil every year to Deions 100k.

I am sure the "200 players have inquired" number is bloviated. But I am frightened that he will perform the greatest immediate roster flip we've seen. Now - can his staff coach em up when other people have 4* guys too? I am not sure. But he will not lack talent that's for sure.
This Deion hire is so perfect for Colorado because they know he'll bring in dudes. People say all the time it's about the jimmies and joes.

It's interesting with Nebraska and Colorado. Two very desperate programs. But I think it's obvious Nebraska is more desperate than Colorado, even though Colorado is worse, based strictly on the fact Nebraska cares more about their football program than Colorado.

Now, I don't think Deion will be at Colorado in four years, because I think a bigger job will come for him.

I’m not sure banking on a ton of freshman and transfers to gel and be ready to go week one is wise. I’m not saying your worry isn’t valid. I’m saying that even if he flipped the roster today, there would still be a mountain of work to do that they’re likely not going to have time to handle in short order.

Let’s not forget that you can have all of the talent on your roster you want to and still suck.

Nebraska fans being so confident we're going to beat Colorado next season is so Nebraska.

It's like they haven't learned.

Yes, Colorado sucked last year. But so did Nebraska!

Until proven otherwise, this fanbase shouldn't be surprised if this team loses to anyone.
Both rosters need an overhaul, Colorado will get one for sure.

I’m starting to get worried about what our roster will look like. Not a whole lot of momentum right now and time is ticking.

I’m not sure banking on a ton of freshman and transfers to gel and be ready to go week one is wise. I’m not saying your worry isn’t valid. I’m saying that even if he flipped the roster today, there would still be a mountain of work to do that they’re likely not going to have time to handle in short order.

Let’s not forget that you can have all of the talent on your roster you want to and still suck.
I mean, can't the same be said for us? I think all of us badly want at least 80% of the roster to be flipped.

I really hope him being a huge flop wins out. I might be leaning more that direction now.

I think it's a bit different in the era where you can take guys from your old school who already know the landscape, and you can short circuit that process a bit. Sure, not everyone is going to be USC, but that's a prime example of how quickly you can flip a roster. On a smaller scale, WKU did something similar in 2021 and was able to hit the ground running in implementing a new offense.

My FIL is a CU fan. He said the whole thing is a shit show right now. They don't even have the money to pay Deion the contract he is signing, or the assistant pool they are telling him he has. On top of that, they really don't have NIL, even though some of the tweets say otherwise. Unless some boosters decide to just pony up large sums of money, he sees this ending in a giant disaster, although he did say it can't get much worse. So, his hope is that Deion just makes CU a little better than they currently are.

My FIL is a CU fan. He said the whole thing is a shit show right now. They don't even have the money to pay Deion the contract he is signing, or the assistant pool they are telling him he has. On top of that, they really don't have NIL, even though some of the tweets say otherwise. Unless some boosters decide to just pony up large sums of money, he sees this ending in a giant disaster, although he did say it can't get much worse. So, his hope is that Deion just makes CU a little better than they currently are.
Well, there is absolutely no way Deion could make them worse. Literally.

I think they were ranked 130th in defense and 128th in offense.

That is pretty much the definition of the worst.

Completely agree. I guess my fear would be 2 parts. Deion is an incredible recruiter - we’ve seen that. There’s obviously going to be a high caliber roster flip take place.

His other top attribute would be motivating. Prime speaks, and people listen AND put stock into what he’s saying. I think the capability to gel is there. That’s a DANGEROUS two headed monster. I don’t think this hire is the Hail Mary some are considering it.

Now - what will his staff look like, because P5, development matters as much as talent. His arrogance is also a mind-bender. Because prime is all about making himself look good, but he understands that HE looks good when his boys that he coaches look good. So he has that strange combo of humble arrogance that top end coaches have.

Saban, urban, coach K, Bill self, etc…all guys that are humble (point to their guys) with arrogance haha. Strangest combo

Pretty interesting theory I've seen on this hire.

Colorado is adamantly trying to get into the Big Ten. It makes sense from an academic and now geographic standpoint and they (being the athletic department) are a mess financially. If the football were good, this would be a lock for the Big Ten. They know that Deion will leave as soon as he can and they don't really care. They just want to boost their eyeballs temporarily to get a big ten invite. Once they do that, they won't have to worry about finances for a long, long time.

Colorado is adamantly trying to get into the Big Ten. It makes sense from an academic and now geographic standpoint and they (being the athletic department) are a mess financially. If the football were good, this would be a lock for the Big Ten. They know that Deion will leave as soon as he can and they don't really care. They just want to boost their eyeballs temporarily to get a big ten invite. Once they do that, they won't have to worry about finances for a long, long time.
I had wondered if maybe CU had a Big Ten angle.

They wouldn’t bring in more to the B1G than they would take. They would have to be super low on the list of potential schools.

They wouldn’t bring in more to the B1G than they would take. They would have to be super low on the list of potential schools.
You're darn tootin'! And as a gentle reminder, CO started the whole Big 12 exit by bolting for the Pac 10 (at the time) when word of TX courting other conferences first broke. Let them rot in the Pac 12 and their vaunted "after dark" viewership where they'll earn pedestrian stacks of $$ to underfund their woeful athletic program.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back