Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mt. Rushmore in LA per Deion (1 Viewer)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
netflix idiot GIF by Chelsea Handler

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would he be trolling, then say gotcha in his next presser?

TBH that might look even more stupid, but find his comments nearly impossible to believe.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would he be trolling, then say gotcha in his next presser?

TBH that might look even more stupid, but find his comments nearly impossible to believe.
Seriously, I find the behavior of Deion as HC, running off the entire roster, the "it's personal" shit, the watch shit, demoting his playcaller, rinsing his OL in the media w 4 games left...

All of that is way more objectionable than not knowing where Mt Rushmore is. TBH probably 80% of Americans could not tell you what state that monument is in. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seriously, I find the behavior of Deion as HC, running off the entire roster, the "it's personal" shit, the watch shit, demoting his playcaller, rinsing his OL in the media w 4 games left...

All of that is way more objectionable than not knowing where Mt Rushmore is. TBH probably 80% of Americans could not tell you what state that monument is in. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.
You're probably right.

Vast majority of people should know that Dallas is in Texas, Milwaukee is in Wisconsin, Omaha is in Nebraska, Memphis is in Tennessee and Boise is in Idaho. What I've learned when it comes to geography, is that people between the Rockies and the Mississippi are the most aware when it comes to basic knowledge of the US.

But even if less objectionable, it's still funny that an FSU grad wouldn't know that. Academic powerhouse.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
TBH probably 80% of Americans could not tell you what state that monument is in. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not.
I would give you about 30% of Americans as the highest. Assuming the Southeast, Northeast, and Westcoast make up the majority of the US, then I would say a decent amount of those folk in those areas are unintelligent or ignorant enough to not know where Mount Rushmore is.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I would give you about 30% of Americans as the highest. Assuming the Southeast, Northeast, and Westcoast make up the majority of the US, then I would say a decent amount of those folk in those areas are unintelligent or ignorant enough to not know where Mount Rushmore is.
Have you been out in public lately? Have you seen who these people vote for? It’s over

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
You're probably right.

Vast majority of people should know that Dallas is in Texas, Milwaukee is in Wisconsin, Omaha is in Nebraska, Memphis is in Tennessee and Boise is in Idaho. What I've learned when it comes to geography, is that people between the Rockies and the Mississippi are the most aware when it comes to basic knowledge of the US.

But even if less objectionable, it's still funny that an FSU grad wouldn't know that. Academic powerhouse.
He didn't go there to play no school. I would be surprised if he attended any classes while he was there.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Have you lived anywhere other than Nebraska? I'm being serious, not argumentative.

I've lived in CA-WA-OR and am still on the west coast. I guarantee you it's not 30% out here, it's probably 80%. Their lack of knowledge of the "flyover states" is shocking.

If you went to a mall in Fresno or Portland and started asking people randomly there's NO WAY 70% of them would on now MtR is in SD. You don't realize how dumb these people are.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Have you lived anywhere other than Nebraska? I'm being serious, not argumentative.

I've lived in CA-WA-OR and am still on the west coast. I guarantee you it's not 30% out here, it's probably 80%. Their lack of knowledge of the "flyover states" is shocking.

If you went to a mall in Fresno or Portland and started asking people randomly there's NO WAY 70% of them would on now MtR is in SD. You don't realize how dumb these people are.
Georgia, North Carolina, and Alaska.

South Dakota is not know for anything besides the fact that it has Mount Rushmore.

There are a lot of other things I would argue 80% fits, but not Mount Rushmore.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Georgia, North Carolina, and Alaska.

South Dakota is not know for anything besides the fact that it has Mount Rushmore.

There are a lot of other things I would argue 80% fits, but not Mount Rushmore.
We can agree to disagree.

I used to be bothered by their lack of knowledge but now I just laugh. I worked with a guy in OR for 5 yrs and every time he introduced he went "Derek grew up in Oklahoma." I corrected him for 5 yrs.

I had someone (OR lifer) called me once to say she's in Ohio and ask for recommendations bc "Ohio's right next to Nebraska." I had to tell her that Ohio is 4 states away and I've never been there. This was a college graduate, mind you.

I honestly think the ignorance is worse on the west coast. It would blow your mind. I'm telling you with absolute certainty there's no way 70% of people in a mall in WA or OR would know SD thing. Maybe if you got lucky and got a bunch of old people 60-80 yr old - they probably know. But anyone under 40 out here is blind ass ignorant.

greybeardedchild

Cornerback
Elite Member
We can agree to disagree.

I used to be bothered by their lack of knowledge but now I just laugh. I worked with a guy in OR for 5 yrs and every time he introduced he went "Derek grew up in Oklahoma." I corrected him for 5 yrs.

I had someone (OR lifer) called me once to say she's in Ohio and ask for recommendations bc "Ohio's right next to Nebraska." I had to tell her that Ohio is 4 states away and I've never been there. This was a college graduate, mind you.

I honestly think the ignorance is worse on the west coast. It would blow your mind. I'm telling you with absolute certainty there's no way 70% of people in a mall in WA or OR would know SD thing. Maybe if you got lucky and got a bunch of old people 60-80 yr old - they probably know. But anyone under 40 out here is blind ass ignorant.
I heard they can't even tell apart genders anymore out there!!!11!!!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds