Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I'm not ready to assume that we're gonna be any p5 team until they can prove it. We also have absolutely no idea what our roster will look like next year, or who will be calling the defense.
Pretty much. We could be fucked. Deion could get fucked. We just won't know really until we step on the field in boulder game 2

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
I wonder if all his entourage that goes everywhere with him has any recruiting issues?? Like if any of them talk to recruits during visits, is that a problem?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty interesting theory I've seen on this hire.

Colorado is adamantly trying to get into the Big Ten. It makes sense from an academic and now geographic standpoint and they (being the athletic department) are a mess financially. If the football were good, this would be a lock for the Big Ten. They know that Deion will leave as soon as he can and they don't really care. They just want to boost their eyeballs temporarily to get a big ten invite. Once they do that, they won't have to worry about finances for a long, long time.
I thought this as well. Like, "we can't pay you now, but we'll pay you with our B1G $$$ later!"

The Pac12 money is hilariously bad.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’m not sure banking on a ton of freshman and transfers to gel and be ready to go week one is wise. I’m not saying your worry isn’t valid. I’m saying that even if he flipped the roster today, there would still be a mountain of work to do that they’re likely not going to have time to handle in short order.

Let’s not forget that you can have all of the talent on your roster you want to and still suck.
I think a lot of it is going to be dependent on which coaches he brings with him as well

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
My opinion about him, but I feel like's too cocky for the role to do well. Deion's reputation alone pulled in more talent in the SE area that they could out talent the rest of the conference. I don't think that will carry that far at Colorado. He will bring in the talent, but schemes and development will be the true tales to tell in P5.

I even think his ego told him he could dominate at Colorado even though I think he's not ready for the P5. He should have taken South Florida and do well there first.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
You just have to wonder how long his schtick works with kids. It is one thing to continue to recruit over the players that you have. It's another thing to basically tell your team that you've got their replacements lined up and they can go ahead and hit the portal. At some point in time, you want to know that your coach also has your back (within reason). If I was an AA coach, I'd definitely be using this jump against him. He talked really big about how important it was for him to be at an HBU and to bring attention to HBU's, etc.. then he bolted as quick as he could. Easy to make out that he's not a man of his word and that he's all about himself and not about his players.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
You just have to wonder how long his schtick works with kids. It is one thing to continue to recruit over the players that you have. It's another thing to basically tell your team that you've got their replacements lined up and they can go ahead and hit the portal. At some point in time, you want to know that your coach also has your back (within reason). If I was an AA coach, I'd definitely be using this jump against him. He talked really big about how important it was for him to be at an HBU and to bring attention to HBU's, etc.. then he bolted as quick as he could. Easy to make out that he's not a man of his word and that he's all about himself and not about his players.
Good points. Plus if Colorado doesn't have their NIL lined up for when these big stars visit and or don't get paid after they signed, I can see things going bad quickly there as well.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Good points. Plus if Colorado doesn't have their NIL lined up for when these big stars visit and or don't get paid after they signed, I can see things going bad quickly there as well.
Last year’s Nebrasketball team is a good example of what can happen if you don’t have your shit together on NIL

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Let's check back in once we see what Deion's transfer+HS recruit class looks like. I will almost certainly be their best class in 20 years.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
They don't even have the money to pay the head coach let alone the kids. I could see them losing a few games and things going south.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
They don't even have the money to pay the head coach let alone the kids. I could see them losing a few games and things going south.

Oh you know if some shit happens where they can't pay Prime, he'll be loud as fuck about it all over social media and CU will look even worse than they are.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
This guy is considered one of the better young Head coaches in the Mac. People are scratching their heads over how Deion got him. Watch him get Mike Zimmer as DC now too.

Don’t be mad i was right about Deion being a slam dunk while Derpy Turd who’s took to many hits to the head hired a used car salesman who doesn’t understand how college football works now. Shit’s changed in 3 years if ya haven’t noticed.

Sit back and watch what a real home run hire (Deion) looks like. I’m jealous and you should be too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds