Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This guy is considered one of the better young Head coaches in the Mac. People are scratching their heads over how Deion got him. Watch him get Mike Zimmer as DC now too.

Don’t be mad i was right about Deion being a slam dunk while Derpy Turd who’s took to many hits to the head hired a used car salesman who doesn’t understand how college football works now. Shit’s changed in 3 years if ya haven’t noticed.

Sit back and watch what a real home run hire (Deion) looks like. I’m jealous and you should be too.

Lewis isn’t a good head coach, but that doesn’t matter if he is a quality OC as far as Colorado is concerned. It looks like he was close to getting shitcanned. If he was tearing it up in the MAC he wouldn’t have went to Boulder.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Lewis isn’t a good head coach, but that doesn’t matter if he is a quality OC as far as Colorado is concerned. It looks like he was close to getting shitcanned. If he was tearing it up in the MAC he wouldn’t have went to Boulder.
I’m not gonna sit here and downplay a hire like this while we try and up-play unqualified hires elsewhere

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not gonna sit here and downplay a hire like this while we try and up-play unqualified hires elsewhere
You just said he was considered one of the best young coaches in the MAC. Do you mean head coaching wise or what because he isn’t a good head coach. If he had Matt Campbell, PJ Fleck, or Urb type success in the MAC he isn’t going to Colorado is the point.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Been to a clinic with Lewis when he was at UW. Awesome dude, guys an X’s and O’s whiz and super high energy. Great hire.

Kent State is the poorest school in the FBS with the worst facilities. The guy had to handle a murderer’s row every year in the non-con just to keep the lights on and his teams are always beat to shit by the time they have to play their conference schedules. More so than the rest of the MAC, although this is true in varying degrees for them.

Word up here is that he was talking terms with UW to take the same job if Leonhard stayed on. Sean committed career suicide taking that job/not leaving when he did.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
You just have to wonder how long his schtick works with kids. It is one thing to continue to recruit over the players that you have. It's another thing to basically tell your team that you've got their replacements lined up and they can go ahead and hit the portal. At some point in time, you want to know that your coach also has your back (within reason). If I was an AA coach, I'd definitely be using this jump against him. He talked really big about how important it was for him to be at an HBU and to bring attention to HBU's, etc.. then he bolted as quick as he could. Easy to make out that he's not a man of his word and that he's all about himself and not about his players.
Gotta get paid son!!! Come to CU young buck and get paid some prime time dolla bills!

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Been to a clinic with Lewis when he was at UW. Awesome dude, guys an X’s and O’s whiz and super high energy. Great hire.

Kent State is the poorest school in the FBS with the worst facilities. The guy had to handle a murderer’s row every year in the non-con just to keep the lights on and his teams are always beat to shit by the time they have to play their conference schedules. More so than the rest of the MAC, although this is true in varying degrees for them.

Word up here is that he was talking terms with UW to take the same job if Leonhard stayed on. Sean committed career suicide taking that job/not leaving when he did.
Yep. Kent State is a rough rough job and Lewis is highly respected in the CFB community. Very good recruiter and will prob parlay this into a P5/high level G5 job in 1-2 years.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This guy is considered one of the better young Head coaches in the Mac. People are scratching their heads over how Deion got him. Watch him get Mike Zimmer as DC now too.

Don’t be mad i was right about Deion being a slam dunk while Derpy Turd who’s took to many hits to the head hired a used car salesman who doesn’t understand how college football works now. Shit’s changed in 3 years if ya haven’t noticed.

Sit back and watch what a real home run hire (Deion) looks like. I’m jealous and you should be too.

If Rhule hired Lewis you would be bitching about him, saying he was a failed head coach in low level conference that was looking for a way out before he got fired -- basically the MAC Mike Riley.

If he hired Zimmer you would say he found himself a fellow NFL flame out, a guy who is ancient at 66 -- essentially a defensive Whipple --- but with no college experience in the last 30 years because Rhule just doesn't give it shit about finding guys who can win in the Big 10.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If Rhule hired Lewis you would be bitching about him, saying he was a failed head coach in low level conference that was looking for a way out before he got fired -- basically the MAC Mike Riley.

If he hired Zimmer you would say he found himself a fellow NFL flame out, a guy who is ancient at 66 -- essentially a defensive Whipple --- but with no college experience in the last 30 years because Rhule just doesn't give it shit about finding guys who can win in the Big 10.
I do feel like zimmer is a defensive whipple now that you put it that way. As a Vikings fan I’m not a zimmer fan. Watched him run off a lot of talented guys.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

And he's dead

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I do feel like zimmer is a defensive whipple now that you put it that way. As a Vikings fan I’m not a zimmer fan. Watched him run off a lot of talented guys.
Can have the position coaches recruit. DC doesn't necessarily need to be well liked as long as he can scheme and adjust. Even though the Vikings are total douche nozzles they had some pretty good defenses under Zimmer.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
And he's dead
The Simpsons GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can have the position coaches recruit. DC doesn't necessarily need to be well liked as long as he can scheme and adjust. Even though the Vikings are total douche nozzles they had some pretty good defenses under Zimmer.
Yea Zimmer just needs to scheme. He doesn’t have to worry about talent. Deion will bring him the talent.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds