Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey rumblings (4 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He is fucking shocked that a coach who isn't winning isn't recruiting at a championship level. He also can't understand that Bill's ceiling on recruiting was higher given that he actually won the North, Nebraska had success in 2001 playing for a Natty and he had success playing for a super bowl.

Frost's staffs have recruited at a high level considering the results.

Yeah… I don’t think people realize when talking about Callahan’s recruiting that yes it was good, but he was also recruiting kids who were in high school the last time Nebraska played for a national championship. A bit different sitting in the living room of a kid when you can say that than trying to sign a kid who wasn’t even alive the last time Nebraska won a conference title.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes.... I am saying relative to the situations they are in they are both maximizing their recruiting abilities IYAM. Frost is recruiting along the lines of having a team similar to the 2010 team. Which that team was what I thought was what a coach could do here consistently if he had it rolling. Frost's problems are down stream of recruiting IYAM.

If Frost won the B1G west this year I think that would raise the ceiling he could recruit. As of right now I would be excited about a top 20 class considering the results.

Billy C was also coming off a pretty good year. He went to the Big 12 championship game that year. That coupled with Nebraska's success as a program in 2001 and Bills success with the Raiders was a proof of concept. You have that you can recruit at a higher level. That is why Bill could recruit some of the best classes we have witnessed post 90's.

The championship talk doesn't matter until we are winning the west consistently. Then it is B1G championship talk... Then you need to get lucky on the QB and get in the CFP.
Billy C also had some damn good recruiters. He needed some coaches at certain spots who could develop better. I wish we had a guy like John Blake today.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t care about that shit. He does have one component I like. He seems to take recruiting seriously and his results are pretty good there. That is a big part of the equation to getting back. Maybe he would he shitty head coach for all I know since we have no proof because he hasn’t done it at any level and, so much other stuff goes into being a good power 5 coach. If the two choices were Gundy and Mickey I’m going with Gundy every day. I’m just saying whoever Turd names the head coach I’m not drinking any Kool-aid. I’m still in awe our two homerun hires with Frost and Fred failed as bad as they have.

My apologies… I’m not saying you’re one of these people; but it is absolutely shocking to me that the people who have said they won’t listen to a single thing in the off-season or drink any kool-aid anyone is serving jumped under Mickey Joseph’s desk the moment he said one thing and before he could even unpack. We have a thread on this board that is titled something along the lines of “Don’t believe any off-season hype” and I’d bet a ton of money that the constants in that thread also believe Mickey Joseph to be head coaching material.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Billy C also had some damn good recruiters. He needed some coaches at certain spots who could develop better. I wish we had a guy like John Blake today.
Yes and Frost has some Damm good recruiters... My point in this whole discussion is both Damm near the ceiling of what could be expected of them iyam

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes and Frost has some Damm good recruiters... My point in this whole discussion is both Damm near the ceiling of what could be expected of them iyam
Frost’s definitely added some good ones, but prior to this year his staff wasn’t in the ball park to what Callahan had recruiting.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
My apologies… I’m not saying you’re one of these people; but it is absolutely shocking to me that the people who have said they won’t listen to a single thing in the off-season or drink any kool-aid anyone is serving jumped under Mickey Joseph’s desk the moment he said one thing and before he could even unpack. We have a thread on this board that is titled something along the lines of “Don’t believe any off-season hype” and I’d bet a ton of money that the constants in that thread also believe Mickey Joseph to be head coaching material.
I can come up with a pretty big list of coaches I would hire before Mickey. I hope Mickey stays with the next coach if Frost is fired because of his recruiting mainly.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Frost’s definitely added some good ones, but prior to this year his staff wasn’t in the ball park to what Callahan had recruiting.
Well no shit.. If you would read what I've said I've agreed with that.

My point in this discussion is both are pushing close to where the programs ceiling was at that time.

I think when Bill was here the recruiting ceiling was higher. I think given the last 20 years the recruiting ceiling has lowered to a top 15 level until we win something of consequence

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well no shit.. If you would read what I've said I've agreed with that.

My point in this discussion is both are pushing close to where the programs ceiling was at that time.
That’s true, but Frost has also played a big role into lowering the ceiling more with the shitty product he has produced. Frost on paper has recruited a lot better than what is actually reality. I know he has had solid classes on paper, but if we look at production his recruiting has been pretty shitty. We still have a lot of holes on this team.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s true, but Frost has also played a big role into lowering the ceiling more with the shitty product he has produced. Frost on paper has recruited a lot better than what is actually reality. I know he has had solid classes on paper, but if we look at production his recruiting has been pretty shitty. We still have a lot of holes on this team.
Frost scored a.bunch of big recruiting wins early when he was red hot coming off UCF and now he's cooler than cool and there's basically one person to blame.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost scored a.bunch of big recruiting wins early when he was red hot coming off UCF and now he's cooler than cool and there's basically one person to blame.
He is also the recruiting king of 4 stars flaking out.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I think Monken would change his ways on offense. Keep the core values he has, but change up the way he does it... I think Mickey has a deal with Turd to be here for a long time.
He’s got a long track record of this offense. I’m not sure he’d switch much up and if he did it would basically be because of an OC hire he turns everything over to.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
He’s got a long track record of this offense. I’m not sure he’d switch much up and if he did it would basically be because of an OC hire he turns everything over to.
If I had to guess it would look closer to Bo/Beck offense. Just based on my discussion. I don't think we would be running the flexbone as a core formation.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Yes Frost played a role when he got here that most recruits were in diapers the last time Nebraska had national success. Completely his fault.

I would put the ceiling of recruiting similar to what it was when he got here.. Maybe a touch lower, but ballpark IYAM... The big reason for this is NIL.

NEHusker54

Cornerback
The problem I have with these type of message board rumors is that now with social media they actually can cause drama in a program.

We’ve seen in with rumors about coaches and players alike. It’s all in an attempt of an anonymous message board or social media user to stir the pot.

Someone posts shit like this. And then the first time Casey Thompson makes a mistake some drunk idiot will jump on social media and send a DM to the QB.

Just a really sad and ugly part of sports fandom now.
Win and it all goes away

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds