Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey wanted to stay at Nebraska (2 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wish he would have been allowed to stay. I think we are 3-0 with him honestly.

But oh well. Forward and onward.
I wish we could have got CT and Palmer for one more year. Watching what a legit speed at receiver and a decent qb could do to a defense like Cockeye was fun to watch.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don't know... Boca Raton has some benefits Nebraska doesn't 😂
b78ae812-1625-43b7-b64a-b997b007ad95_text.gif

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He PROBABLY gets us through the MN game w a win. But remember we couldn't move it very well that game without Sims rushing for like 96 yds.

He MAYBE gets us a win at Boulder. But I'm not convinced. Our shitty WRs were dropping every other key pass in that game.

I'm not convinced we'd be 3-0 w CT - I'm actually pretty doubting of that. I think maybe a 20% chance of 3-0 w CT. He just doesn't have anyone to throw to and the OL sucks. That's not a good combo for a QB.

I'm at the point now where I'm pretty sure sure CT would have a season ending injury probably by the Michigan game if he were here. I think his body has been telling him to retire for about a year (and I'm dead serious saying that). There's no world where you have both Sims and CT. I'm sure Sims was told that the job was his or else he wouldn't have come here.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Losing Palmer (which was a given as his draft stock was high for obvious reasons) is the biggest loss. Probably the best receiver NU has ever had.

It also sucked to lose Thompson. He would not have been as effective without Palmer to throw to, but still, would be nice to have him. And yes, I know he is now injured, so it makes the whole thing moot. Still, he was an actual QB who could go through progressions and play the position and get the ball to receivers. Right now, we have the FBS leader in turnovers, and HH, who is a major project, and likely never will be a true QB (not that I am hoping he doesn't become one or am shitting on his play last saturday - he played well). We are just devoid of QB talent on the roster.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
It seems obvious to me that QB run game was going to be a big part of this offense from the beginning. I don't think Rhule wanted to deal with having a completely different system for a QB that really wasn't as great as everyone else thinks he was. There were certainly a lot of talk about him not being a great leader. That's not something a new coach wants to deal with either.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds