Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Casey Thompson? (2 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So if Dylan tears his ACL in game 2, who do we want starting at QB: Casey with his surgically repaired knee and shoulder or Chubba (also coming off surgery)?

I think I'd go with Chubba. I guess question is, would Chubba stay here if we brought in 2 additional QBs (DR, CT)? I'm assuming he would since CT would be coming in as an emergency QB/on ramp to GA gig.

Someone clean me up here if I'm wrong. My sense is that CT's body would not hold up for 8-9 starts in the B1G and he probably knows that.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
So if Dylan tears his ACL in game 2, who do we want starting at QB: Casey with his surgically repaired knee and shoulder or Chubba (also coming off surgery)?

I think I'd go with Chubba. I guess question is, would Chubba stay here if we brought in 2 additional QBs (DR, CT)? I'm assuming he would since CT would be coming in as an emergency QB/on ramp to GA gig.

Someone clean me up here if I'm wrong. My sense is that CT's body would not hold up for 8-9 starts in the B1G and he probably knows that.
We need to get him through 8 starts then DR can take it from there. Lol.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Plus he may not be a counter so what’s the downside unless he’s not OOU.
I agree about the ACL injury today - especially since CT wasn't that fast beforehand.

My comment was on the amount of surgeries that CT has had & the cumulative effect. Can someone confirm: is it 1 hand surgery, 2 shoulder surgeries and 1 knee surgery? Dude is like the bionic man at this point. I'm more concerned about his shoulder than the ACL. ACL is not a big deal for CT bc he wasn't a dynamic runner in the first place.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I agree about the ACL injury today - especially since CT wasn't that fast beforehand.

My comment was on the amount of surgeries that CT has had & the cumulative effect. Can someone confirm: is it 1 hand surgery, 2 shoulder surgeries and 1 knee surgery? Dude is like the bionic man at this point. I'm more concerned about his shoulder than the ACL. ACL is not a big deal for CT bc he wasn't a dynamic runner in the first place.
Honestly, I’d be happy to have CT on the roster even if he never plays a snap. I think his veteran guidance and the work ethic he would role model would be invaluable for Dylan Raiola.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds