Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sip just said Casey is visiting friends, nothing more.... (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Sip has said a lot of things that have been wrong before.

With that said, Casey had no intention of enrolling in Nebraska again. The only thing that could have happened was his mid-trip was when someone on the team told him about the McCord situation and that opened a door.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Sip has said a lot of things that have been wrong before.

With that said, Casey had no intention of enrolling in Nebraska again. The only thing that could have happened was his mid-trip was when someone on the team told him about the McCord situation and that opened a door.
Oh trust me. I'm skeptical of anything any Nebraska media member says.

I just wanted to put this out there.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
This was my initial inclination. But a lot of smoke that this isn’t the case[y]. “I’m in Florida and bored a couple weeks away from Christmas. Time for me to go visit Lincoln, NE!”

Lincoln this time of year is a business trip if you don’t have immediate family living there. I feel this has to be a business trip.

Herbie

Quarterback
Guess I’m confused why people think Rhule would take him back? He didn’t want him the first go around and no he’s in rehab for a busted ACL

Herbie

Quarterback
This was my initial inclination. But a lot of smoke that this isn’t the case[y]. “I’m in Florida and bored a couple weeks away from Christmas. Time for me to go visit Lincoln, NE!”

Lincoln this time of year is a business trip if you don’t have immediate family living there. I feel this has to be a business trip.
He came to do some PT in Lincoln. It is possible he just really trust Lincoln orthopedic. Also spent some time at hybrid.

I think we just chalk it up to he’s done for the semester and wanted to visit some friends.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Guess I’m confused why people think Rhule would take him back? He didn’t want him the first go around and no he’s in rehab for a busted ACL
This is all totally outlandish but HYPOTHETICALLY... A year ago Thompson thought he was deserving of a chance to start, the details are murky but it apparently became clear after spring that Sims was going to get the nod, Thompson wanted to start in what he assumed would be his last season of football, so he transferred.

THIS year, he's coming off of a season ending injury, his dreams of going to the NFL are surely gone, he's probably interested in getting into coaching, and he somehow got cleared for a 14th year of college eligibility. Maybe instead of spending another offseason looking for another lower level school that he could start at, he's more interested in spending a year back in big time college football at a place he knows, as a wise old vet helping the new kid learn the ropes, being ready to be called upon to play when needed, and keeping his foot in the door with a tight knit group of coaches who have tons of connections.

Again, I assume within a couple days we'll all be laughing about this seeming remotely possible, but it actually would be a pretty sweet setup for year 1 of Raiola haha.

NorthWillRiseAgain

Defensive Lineman
It would make sense for a guy that is a questionable commodity to come to a school with an incumbent player. I don’t think Casey would come back but it would be a good situation honestly.

Nebraska at this point needs a qb that has some experience but that isn’t scared if he doesn’t win a job and knows his future is in his degree not pro football.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
He came to do some PT in Lincoln. It is possible he just really trust Lincoln orthopedic. Also spent some time at hybrid.

I think we just chalk it up to he’s done for the semester and wanted to visit some friends.
Probably still has a slam piece or two in Lincoln as well.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think we are overthinking it. Casey, like myself, clearly likes to vacation in balmy Lincoln Nebraska due to the active nightlife, abundance in fine dining, and a whole host of other activities.

Like clearing out a storage unit.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I think we are overthinking it. Casey, like myself, clearly likes to vacation in balmy Lincoln Nebraska due to the active nightlife, abundance in fine dining, and a whole host of other activities.
Well , according to Georgia fans Raiola is coming to Nebraska because there’s a lot of big girls here.

Maybe Casey feels the same way?

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well , according to Georgia fans Raiola is coming to Nebraska because there’s a lot of big girls here.

Maybe Casey feels the same way?
Occam's razor would suggest that he's just in town to clear out a storage locker, hook up with an old flame or two, and spend some time with some old buddies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds