Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey wanted to stay at Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Losing Palmer (which was a given as his draft stock was high for obvious reasons) is the biggest loss. Probably the best receiver NU has ever had.

It also sucked to lose Thompson. He would not have been as effective without Palmer to throw to, but still, would be nice to have him. And yes, I know he is now injured, so it makes the whole thing moot. Still, he was an actual QB who could go through progressions and play the position and get the ball to receivers. Right now, we have the FBS leader in turnovers, and HH, who is a major project, and likely never will be a true QB (not that I am hoping he doesn't become one or am shitting on his play last saturday - he played well). We are just devoid of QB talent on the roster.
Palmer was darn good, but let’s not overlook Irving Fryar. Wasn’t he a #1 draft pick?

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It’s gonna be really hard for him to run away from adversity yet again with one ACL
Give me AM all day, Tone!
happy music video GIF by IHC 1NFINITY

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Palmer was darn good, but let’s not overlook Irving Fryar. Wasn’t he a #1 draft pick?

Agree about Fryar. He had a very long pro career, with multiple pro bowls.

Fryar likely at the top for NU receivers. Palmer right there with him though in talent and impact. Only for one season, but Palmer was most of our offense last season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds