Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey and Charles Thompson meeting with Rhule now. (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I liked Casey. Warrior who showed serious toughness behind a line that struggled mightily to protect him. I bet they are asking Rhule if he will be going after a big name transfer portal QB even if Casey returns.
It feels like it'd be hard to improve on Casey. Especially if they get him a reasonable OL and WR core

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
It has been reported on other outlets that the Thompsons arrived at the stadium shortly after Turd and the Rhule family did.

Getting right to business! I'd love to bring Casey back.
I'll be honest, Casey is a good QB, but I wasn't his biggest fan this year. What I can respect about Casey is his work ethic - he seems to be all business and just works. This is another example of that, and I really appreciate that about him.

Just wish he was a little tougher in the pocket...

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think Casey could be a hell of an RPO QB. Smart and accurate with enough athleticism to create if need be. But I get a feeling he's done. He brought up all his injuries already, I could see that forcing him to call it good.
He sure seemed dejected in his final presser. But - maybe to be expected after another injury filled season that went less successfully than you imagined coming in. Get away for a couple days, talk with family, see your options of being FULLY healthy, and then trust that a new staff can get you a fucking offensive line.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It has been reported on other outlets that the Thompsons arrived at the stadium shortly after Turd and the Rhule family did.

Getting right to business! I'd love to bring Casey back.
Some past articles I've read mentioned that when NFL Teams started reaching out to Rhule when he was at Baylor about interviewing him that he told players, coaches and recruits that this was happening. He was up front with them as to his thoughts and what could happen. They respected that. Gives me an idea of his ilk and morals plus how he communicates honestly. Trust is something that is not given, it is earned. Hopefully he will quickly earn the trust of fans, recruits and current players with his honest style of communicating.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He sure seemed dejected in his final presser. But - maybe to be expected after another injury filled season that went less successfully than you imagined coming in. Get away for a couple days, talk with family, see your options of being FULLY healthy, and then trust that a new staff can get you a fucking offensive line.
That's what it comes down to. Offensive line, but in one on Rhule's interviews or pressers, he mentioned protecting the QB starts with the coaches. And then offensive line was third. Can't remember what the second one was.

But if the Thompsons are meeting with him, then that means they're interested in hearing what Rhule has to say, which gives us a fighting chance to have our QB for next year.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That's what it comes down to. Offensive line, but in one on Rhule's interviews or pressers, he mentioned protecting the QB starts with the coaches. And then offensive line was third. Can't remember what the second one was.

But if the Thompsons are meeting with him, then that means they're interested in hearing what Rhule has to say, which gives us a fighting chance to have our QB for next year.
I believe he listed the QB as #2.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

By the way - that exact sentiment is what makes me so excited about Rhule. He takes ownership and responsibility of EVERYTHING. He doesn't say "the last staff left us in a bad spot" or "our OLine needs to get old and stay old" or "Our kids need to get caught up with the strength of the B1G"

He says - our QB's protection is on coaches #1

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

I think if Rhule wants him for next season that he will stay. It has been well documented that Matt has a special ability to connect with high school coaches, recruits, players and the players families. His message is about far more than just football.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds