Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Casey and Charles Thompson meeting with Rhule now. (2 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I think Casey could be a hell of an RPO QB. Smart and accurate with enough athleticism to create if need be. But I get a feeling he's done. He brought up all his injuries already, I could see that forcing him to call it good.
He's 24, if he came back, he would be 25.5 before a potential NFL contract signing, if he has aspirations to that.

It does feel like he's been through the wringer & might be ready to move on to the next phase of his life, but I'd be a big fan of convincing him to come back for one last ride.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We want him back? Why??
If Rhule thinks he is a good QB for his offense then I want him back. If he wants to go a different direction then I support that decision also. Coach knows what he wants from his QB so if Casey has those abilities then hopefully we keep him. Casey was one of the biggest named QBs in the Transfer Portal last season for a good reason. He was a tough some bitch this season, can't doubt his grit with the beatings he took.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's 24, if he came back, he would be 25.5 before a potential NFL contract signing, if he has aspirations to that.

It does feel like he's been through the wringer & might be ready to move on to the next phase of his life, but I'd be a big fan of convincing him to come back for one last ride.
I honestly don't think he's got a shot in the NFL. To me, he's Joe Ganz. Undersized, not the biggest arm but smart and accurate. That could come into play too.

HuskerFan14

Defensive Lineman
If Rhule thinks he is a good QB for his offense then I want him back. If he wants to go a different direction then I support that decision also. Coach knows what he wants from his QB so if Casey has those abilities then hopefully we keep him. Casey was one of the biggest named QBs in the Transfer Portal last season for a good reason. He was a tough some bitch this season, can't doubt his grit with the beatings he took.
Very true. Our Oline did not help one bit.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm really not worried about it if he's back or not. I don't view it as essential. If it's not Thompson next year I'm confident we'd get what we need in the portal.

I have alot of confidence that we're going to do well in the portal as well as HS recruiting going forward.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

You get ONE shot at being a college dude and fucking all the college pussy you can. Don't fuck this up, Casey.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
With Casey you know what you have good or bad, with the portal you are not sure what you are going to get are you going to get another Casey or another Chubba. If there is another good younger QB in the portal go after him of course but at least with Casey, he can get you through next year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It feels like it'd be hard to improve on Casey. Especially if they get him a reasonable OL and WR core
I think you roll with Casey if you can keep him. He's not perfect but he's a hell of a QB TBH. If you gave him even a C+ OL he would have had out of this world numbers this year. His OL was an F though. A legit F.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Uh. Can you expand on this at all. Asking for a fanbase friend
Not an insideher, but Nebraska is always going to be the darkhorse in this race to get his signature.

If his dad thinks Nebraska is going in the right direction and Rhule and staff don't fuck up the visits when they come, I think we still have a fighting chance.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds