Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Breaking news (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can’t believe so many people have Facebook still.

I deleted mine in 2010. I can’t imagine being in a Facebook group with somebody like Rogers tho, that would be wild.
GIAH please. It's Facebook brought to you by Meta now.

Much cooler

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I think it was more of a grift than a troll

I think it was a game to them, but they were complete nerds. It’s pretty obvious it was the father and son combo who started it.
The frighting part about it is the sheer number of people that actually believe what they say/said. They come up with the most ridiculous things and these people believe it no questions asked. One of the more recent ones they came up with is that JFK Jr. is somehow alive and will make an appearance soon and will become Trumps vice president. They believed in it so much that last November JFK Jr. was supposed to make his return appearance at Dealy Plaza in Dallas to reinstate Trump as President and over a hundred people showed up to see him.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The frighting part about it is the sheer number of people that actually believe what they say/said. They come up with the most ridiculous things and these people believe it no questions asked. One of the more recent ones they came up with is that JFK Jr. is somehow alive and will make an appearance soon and will become Trumps vice president. They believed in it so much that last November JFK Jr. was supposed to make his return appearance at Dealy Plaza in Dallas to reinstate Trump as President and over a hundred people showed up to greet him.
People have always been tribal. They need to belong to a team. It’s crazy how the absurd will become reality to a lot of people because they want to be part of something.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
People have always been tribal. They need to belong to a team. It’s crazy how the absurd will become reality to a lot of people because they want to be part of something.
I was just saying the same thing about tribalism with some of my relatives a few days ago.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was just saying the same thing about tribalism with some of my relatives a few days ago.
It’s been true from the beginning of time. We just aren’t as barbaric for the most part today.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
The frighting part about it is the sheer number of people that actually believe what they say/said. They come up with the most ridiculous things and these people believe it no questions asked. One of the more recent ones they came up with is that JFK Jr. is somehow alive and will make an appearance soon and will become Trumps vice president. They believed in it so much that last November JFK Jr. was supposed to make his return appearance at Dealy Plaza in Dallas to reinstate Trump as President and over a hundred people showed up to see him.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
It’s been true from the beginning of time. We just aren’t as barbaric for the most part today.
To your point about people wanting to part of something, I think that's how these groups have become so popular now is that during this pandemic people haven't been able to be as social with others as much as before, so they started becoming more and more involved with these online groups to fill the gap and to feel that they were part of something.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
To your point about people wanting to part of something, I think that's how these groups have become so popular now is that during this pandemic people haven't been able to be as social with others as much as before, so they started becoming more and more involved with these online groups to fill the gap and to feel that they were part of something.
I think there is some truth to that, but I think society has been moving this way for awhile. Covid has definitely sped it up.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I think there is some truth to that, but I think society has been moving this way for awhile. Covid has definitely sped it up.
Agreed people were becoming less and less social even before the pandemic started.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can’t believe so many people have Facebook still.

I deleted mine in 2010. I can’t imagine being in a Facebook group with somebody like Rogers tho, that would be wild.
You're focusing too much on the FB thing. There were Youtubes, 4chan was mentioned and other message boards. Can't remember the other names. FB was just the only one I got a direct look at.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Rogan. I have no idea if they're doing any of it. You gotta be fucking with me at this point.

Sorry my phone autocorrects to Rohan

Rogan*

Evidence
7603-A355-D4-DB-47-BA-A8-CA-FC3-D7-DD17-F3-C.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds