Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (5 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Yep. His ability to pull in 20 transfer guys is not actually building a program. He will leave them with nothing.
Colorado:
Its Fine Ok GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The building is burning now, it will be abandoned in a year 😂
I'm the Deion "devil's advocate" on here. I try not to be a hater (which is extremely difficult).

But I think Deion has realized how much work this would be at Colorado. I think he wants to put together a 7-5 season this year...get Shedeur to NFL as 1st rounder....and then resign for medical reasons. He can then make $5m/yr as a TV analyst and more through TV ads/sponsorships.

The idea that Deion wants to fight his way up the ladder - advance to A&M next and then fight his way to the Alabama job, etc.....it's looking more and more insane. Deion will be 57 at start of this CFB season. He's got NO desire to grind his way to the top for the next 10 yrs.

I know everyone is saying this, but I believe it now. Deion takes a medical retirement after 2024 season and then never coaches again. I'm ready to throw my prediction out there.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm the Deion "devil's advocate" on here. I try not to be a hater (which is extremely difficult).

But I think Deion has realized how much work this would be at Colorado. I think he wants to put together a 7-5 season this year...get Shedeur to NFL as 1st rounder....and then resign for medical reasons. He can then make $5m/yr as a TV analyst and more through TV ads/sponsorships.

The idea that Deion wants to fight his way up the ladder - advance to A&M next and then fight his way to the Alabama job, etc.....it's looking more and more insane. Deion will be 57 at start of this CFB season. He's got NO desire to grind his way to the top for the next 10 yrs.

I know everyone is saying this, but I believe it now. Deion takes a medical retirement after 2024 season and then never coaches again. I'm ready to throw my prediction out there.
I tend to agree. He’s doing this just for his sons. Then he’s done.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
18 total tackles. Good for 20th on the Pitt defense in 2023.

TBT he could develop into a very good player and was a highly ranked DL portal guy for that reason. One of Deion's better pickups this offseason.
This is why I’m not ready to count Deion out yet. I think they will be tough the beginning of the season just like this year. Them going to the Big XII helps them out tremendously as well. I hope I’m wrong but even though they only had 4 wins last year they were better than a lot of us thought they would be. I wish we could get some of the skills guys they have.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is why I’m not ready to count Deion out yet. I think they will be tough the beginning of the season just like this year. Them going to the Big XII helps them out tremendously as well. I hope I’m wrong but even though they only had 4 wins last year they were better than a lot of us thought they would be. I wish we could get some of the skills guys they have.
I think they will go 7-5 maybe even 8-4. Having an elite QB is that valuable to your W/L record. Much easier schedule for them this year too.

My only question is does Deion get to a point where his assistants can do all the work and crank out a 9-3 every year for him (in the Big 12)?

I think that's his dream - get the program to a point where it rolls along on auto pilot withoit him and he can spend all his time doing AFLAC commercials and ESPN live hits during the week. There's a world where they are able to build that up - that just requires a ton of work by his assistants. And that requires the Deion brand to do a ton of heavy lifting (he won't do if himself).

I think there's a scenario where that could happen - I just don't know how likely it is. If he keeps burning through assistant coaches like a coordinator and 2-3 other changes every yr then it probably won't work.

I'm not counting him out because there IS a possibility it works. It's just really hard to get an elite CFB program going to where it runs without the HC doing any work. I'd normally say 0% chance of it working but this would be the 1 out of 1,000,000 where it could work. I just think it's slim odds, like maybe 20% (success would be: he can get a 9-3 B12 program going for the next 5 seasons).

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I think they will go 7-5 maybe even 8-4. Having an elite QB is that valuable to your W/L record. Much easier schedule for them this year too.

My only question is does Deion get to a point where his assistants can do all the work and crank out a 9-3 every year for him (in the Big 12)?

I think that's his dream - get the program to a point where it rolls along on auto pilot withoit him and he can spend all his time doing AFLAC commercials and ESPN live hits during the week. There's a world where they are able to build that up - that just requires a ton of work by his assistants. And that requires the Deion brand to do a ton of heavy lifting (he won't do if himself).

I think there's a scenario where that could happen - I just don't know how likely it is. If he keeps burning through assistant coaches like a coordinator and 2-3 other changes every yr then it probably won't work.

I'm not counting him out because there IS a possibility it works. It's just really hard to get an elite CFB program going to where it runs without the HC doing any work. I'd normally say 0% chance of it working but this would be the 1 out of 1,000,000 where it could work. I just think it's slim odds, like maybe 20% (success would be: he can get a 9-3 B12 program going for the next 5 seasons).
Yeah, I’m not counting him out either. However, he had his son at qb this year. It proved that an elite qb can only do so much. Unless he gets a better defense and better oline, they will still struggle.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I’m not counting him out either. However, he had his son at qb this year. It proved that an elite qb can only do so much. Unless he gets a better defense and better oline, they will still struggle.
Yeah that will be the big test. As mentioned I actually think they'll be good this year. The big test for Deion is what happens when you start having to pick out HS QB recruits (or portal QB recruits) to start for you each year.

He's not going to have a QB as good as Shedeur every yr so the test for Deion will be how consistent can he make the program when you're bringing in brand new QBs. Even portal QBs are not sure things. For every Bo Nix/Joe Burrow there are a many more others who underperformed at their new spot.

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
Rumors out there that he visited Maryland this past weekend. Also Oregon possibly flipping him.

My God I would love it if he got flipped. That was a heck of a pull by Colorado.
Honestly, rather have him at CU than Oregon or Maryland. Colorado is going to implode after 2024 with or without this kid. Maybe we get him in the fallout.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds